I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing >

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Notices

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Old 04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Not to many dealers would come out and help like this.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

What PROOF do you have the boat is salvaged? Other than someone from your insurance company stating so, or poss that it had a claim? Can you scan in this document, so we can all see it, does it actually exist?

I am not trying to sound critical, but so far I don't read where it actually exists? And if it doesn't exist on paper, how can it exist outside of talk and then why would you have to disclose anything and why would you be perusing it in an open forum?

I understand you feel the need to disclose everything... That is noble, but really why would anyone disclose more than what is actually documented?

Is it possible the insurance company you have, is just trying to weesle out of the claim and they are trying to find a loop hole?

Insurance companies have been known to try to get out of claims in the past and when big money is involved, they too may not be the most noble, Just askin?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No documents exist. My post was originally to get info on how bad the boat was when it was salvaged. The insurance is cooperating very well so I doubt they made it up. Never know though since you brought it up. Good point and time will tell.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 04-22-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Decided time to step out
Old 04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

The boat was delivered with fried impellers back in Oct. They were replaced. I boated a few days. I hit rocks and was able to cruise back to dock 8 miles with no issue. It went back to dealer for rock hitting repairs then. They said impellers were fried. They installed new ones again. They redelivered this Spring. Within less than a mile, i have a boat full of smoke. I thought ac unit since i had no alarms and normal gauge readings. I limped into dock on one engine. 2 weeks go by and I start it and pull away from docks. It overheats again. So i investigate but still i have 15 psi. It sinks partially after i returned luckily to slip. A different dealer saves it from sinking further and raises it. They tow it to their place and pull the impellers. They say the impeller is intact but theres old rubber pieces blocking the outlet. I'm thinking enough water passed to give me pressure but couldnt cool it ? I don't know but the whole impeller story is right here.

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-22-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

so the boat came with fried impellors, they were fixed, it fried the impellors again, they were fixed, then it overheated and melted??
Thats 3 sets of impellors in like 6 months with very little usage.......
Old 04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
so the boat came with fried impellors, they were fixed, it fried the impellors again, they were fixed, then it overheated and melted??
Thats 3 sets of impellors in like 6 months with very little usage.......
Ya. But the second set were ok. the system was just clogged with old rubber
Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

[QUOTE=dodgeman111;3383791]
Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
You did not hear the overheat buzzers? You did not see the gauges? You could not smell the burning rubber? How on earth does the impeller look brand new after it overheated that badly? I think there is a lot more to this story. I going on a limb to say you sunk the boat and now you do not want it and are looking to blame the dealer by bringing up something that may or may not have

No alarms and gauges showed fine. Due to that I was suspicious of the air conditioning unit overheating. It seemed to be but now I know. All I want is a good boat and yes, there is a ton to this story
does your boat have a generator?? if so and is the exhaust plumbed into that exhaust hose that melted?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3384113]
Originally Posted by dodgeman111

does your boat have a generator?? if so and is the exhaust plumbed into that exhaust hose that melted?
There is a generator but it was off and it does not run in to the melted exhaust
Old 04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
Ya. But the second set were ok. the system was just clogged with old rubber
doesnt add up, you say boaT came with fried impellors in october, they were replace then you hit rocks and they were replaced again..... then it over heated....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.