New boat graphics. Opinions wanted >

New boat graphics. Opinions wanted

Notices

New boat graphics. Opinions wanted

Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This boat is coming to Lake George also.
Attached Thumbnails New boat graphics. Opinions wanted-anthony-2.jpg   New boat graphics. Opinions wanted-anthony-1.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck
As some of you know I have decided to jump on the band wagon and go the CC route for the next five years or so.
Welcome to the wagon, you'll forever be a CC owner or become a 2 boat owner- CC's are just too good to give up!!

advised me to not go with a "offshore boat" type of paint job. .............. I feel that a flashy paint job won't hurt this boat on resale.
That is one of my last complaints about the new crop of "performance CC's". Sporty/performance boats need sporty/performance paint schemes!!!!!

I'd avoid any graphics on the top deck, keep the graphics on the side. Just kind of what a CC is about- less worry and more fun, keep the flashy stuff where it is easy to take care of. Nobody is walking down the side of your boat and since most of a CC is a sole floor, it won't look like a sport deck boat with a big blank canvas up there.

To each their own on the designs, I'm a fan of mostly white with some color tossed in vs mostly color. I'd take the bottom pic of picture #1, take all the orange background out, chance the silver stripe to that orange, add some purple licks kind of like you have it up by the bow, keep the purple down at the bottom and maybe where the dark orange splatter are (like above the 36) have some of the stripes fork up that way.

I'd also take the 36 off, think your boat would look bigger without it telling me what size it is, if that makes sense. I'd guess it was a 40 if it didn't tell me, just the way CC's with long paint look IMHO.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 AM
OCM
Registered

Those all look good
Tim
Ocm
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a blue/gray guy so I have to go with rendition #2 of your sencond choice (post #9) and then add in the yellow/orange graphics in rendition #2 of your third choice (post #10). just my opinion.

They all look great, you certainly can't go wrong with any of them. Hopefully we'll see it on Sacandaga this year! Good luck with your choice, I'm sure it will look awesome in the end.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Chuck they all look good.. I still feel some of the advice your getting for resale is probably true. Simple to me is better, and easier to touch up. I like rendering 2, the top one.. if you go that way, the one with the black in it. I like this NT, but would add a slightly wider stripe with a chaser stripe of a different color on top and bottom like they do on mustang GT's to kick it up a notch. just my .02..just enjoy my friend..its not the paint job that makes the boat..its the guy driving it..

oh ya, and I prefer lighter color blues like you have vs the darker color that will show water spots..
Attached Thumbnails New boat graphics. Opinions wanted-dsc00906%2520-1296%2520x%2520972-.jpg  

Last edited by Jassman; 04-23-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The selling point of these CC's is that they are versatile.

Why not keep the appearance versatile and just wrap the sides ? You could change it if your tastes change ( but it seems orange paint is safe with you ) and strip it when it was time to sell.

Much lower initial cost to risk trying to recapture at resale and eliminates issue of personal preferences to potential second owner.

Keeps your options open. I have not given up on THAT GUY that AJ, NN, N-T-S, and others have jabbed during this metamorphosis of sorts. How do we know this is the start of a long-term relationship ? Will she excite you when you ask her to perform ?

Should you decide that you will keep this boat until you retire 'On Golden Pond' you can paint at any future point. There are certainly many great options for getting that done.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Chuck they all look good.. I still feel some of the advice your getting for resale is probably true. Simple to me is better, and easier to touch up. I like rendering 2, the top one.. if you go that way, the one with the black in it. I like this NT, but would add a slightly wider stripe with a chaser stripe of a different color on top and bottom like they do on mustang GT's to kick it up a notch. just my .02..just enjoy my friend..its not the paint job that makes the boat..its the guy driving it..

oh ya, and I prefer lighter color blues like you have vs the darker color that will show water spots..
My back up plan was to copy your previous 43. Sorry, but the boat was just to sharp and all the hard work was done.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
The selling point of these CC's is that they are versatile.

Why not keep the appearance versatile and just wrap the sides ? You could change it if your tastes change ( but it seems orange paint is safe with you ) and strip it when it was time to sell.

Much lower initial cost to risk trying to recapture at resale and eliminates issue of personal preferences to potential second owner.

Keeps your options open. I have not given up on THAT GUY that AJ, NN, N-T-S, and others have jabbed during this metamorphosis of sorts. How do we know this is the start of a long-term relationship ? Will she excite you when you ask her to perform ?

Should you decide that you will keep this boat until you retire 'On Golden Pond' you can paint at any future point. There are certainly many great options for getting that done.
I thought about going the wrap route but when it gets a nick in the vinyl I will want to rewrap the entire side. Crazy but I know how I am.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

My back up plan was to copy your previous 43. Sorry, but the boat was just to sharp and all the hard work was done.
its ok by me.. Just need to take care of a few things this year, and enjoy fishing, relaxing, and a few poker runs here and there on OPB's..

Last edited by Jassman; 04-24-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

The lower rendition is choice #1
I like the bottom one the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.