How or why does a thread get locked ? >

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Notices

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
aggreed and thanks for your post. That is why I asked the broker to pay half of the cost, and he replied that it would be a good project for me to work on and be do it your selfer. Well when it comes to boat structure I am not a pro and the material alone is close to a grand. I think hes out of business now and I can see why. He should have done the right thing and gave me 1500 as I asked and he would still have made money. But as service member I dont expect anything, but I dont expect to get it up the you know what while I am gone either
It really sucks. When did this happen Recently?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Lest ye forget, that oso is a privately held forum by IB. It is a profit making enterprise. If you had a buisness, would you let someone walk inthe front door and start biotching to one of your valued paying customers???? This is a private co. as such they may regulate the content as they see fit. If you dont like it, there are several other boating related boards out there you are more then welcome to try.
While this is a valid observation, it goes beyond a publishing entity protecting its customer and to actually protecting itself. If I as a publisher reprint something libelous, even if I don't know it to be so, I can be sued for libel. I am not a lawyer, but I have pretty well memorized the the libel section of the Associated Press stylebook because it's kind of important given my profession, and I don't think I've misread it.

I am not saying the dispute here involved anything libelous, and I'm not concerned with who is right and wrong. I'm just addressing the subject line of the thread. So one answer to your question is:

They are covering themselves on the legal side, as well as the commerce side.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Yup good luck. I feel your pain I bought a fountain not at the exspense you did but found 4 grand in damage after I took possesion of it. Wel I was deployed overseas when I bought it and boat sat for 6 months with two covers on it. Well I came home to find a boat with half of the cabin rotted out. Broker claimed that it did that damage in 6 months, I didnt think so either does the repairman. Use the BBB you might never get out of it what you want but be reasonable when you file its all on line and takes 10mins. Either way it will be a stain on their record if they dont offer anything. But if somebody is willing to hose a combat vet they will not hestiate to hose you either
I had to reread this cause I didn't pay enough attention to it. No way 6 months could do that. You'd have to have major water in there somehow or termites. Too bad he's not in business yet.
Good luck on it. I bet it turns out great
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here you go!!!!

Here you go Chad.

You bring the boat back here fixed as it was before you partially sunk it with a check for the repairs to motorhome and a check for your negative equity and I will write you a check for the boat.

I do not want to trade you into another boat.

I will give you your money back less those two items that were there before you bought the boat and I will even pay your deductible even though no one has explained how there was a two week dead period we heard nothing from you and how there was a brand new impeller in the motor with a new chewed up impeller as well which should be mute if you are getting your money back.

Your call, and I will even pay your 5K dedcutible. This is a public offer. Once I get the 7K and the negative equity you rolled over I will send a wire to the bank for the difference and you can go buy whatever you want.

I hope you feel a refund is fair and that you can come up with the money to make this a good transaction and departure for both of us.

I know I said my last post was my last but I want all the people you have gotten to follow you to know you were offered a refund. Offer valid until Tuesday and boat back within 30 days fixed.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
I say lock it! But you know this was my first ever post on oso. I asked if my boat will be worth less if its a salvage. I expected less than 10 responses. Wow, it went crazy and I appreciate it no matter your stance. How long till i'm booted off oso ? Let's take guesses. Lol

171 posts if you count the original that got locked for improper behavior
Old 04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like i said man file a BBB. It might not mean much to a dealer and theres nothing legally binding them to listen to the BBB. But a negative record will most likely deter at least one future buyer.
Do you really think a BBB negative report will effect this dealers rep??
Firstly if the future buyer relies on the BS that is the BBB, they are nuts.
Secondly I dont see anyone staying away from this dealer over a single event that will eventually be worked out.

The BBB is junk.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Here you go!!!!

Here you go Chad.

You bring the boat back here fixed as it was before you partially sunk it with a check for the repairs to motorhome and a check for your negative equity and I will write you a check for the boat.

I do not want to trade you into another boat.

I will give you your money back less those two items that were there before you bought the boat and I will even pay your deductible even though no one has explained how there was a two week dead period we heard nothing from you and how there was a brand new impeller in the motor with a new chewed up impeller as well which should be mute if you are getting your money back.

Your call, and I will even pay your 5K dedcutible. This is a public offer. Once I get the 7K and the negative equity you rolled over I will send a wire to the bank for the difference and you can go buy whatever you want.

I hope you feel a refund is fair and that you can come up with the money to make this a good transaction and departure for both of us.

I know I said my last post was my last but I want all the people you have gotten to follow you to know you were offered a refund. Offer valid until Tuesday and boat back within 30 days fixed.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
I say lock it! But you know this was my first ever post on oso. I asked if my boat will be worth less if its a salvage. I expected less than 10 responses. Wow, it went crazy and I appreciate it no matter your stance. How long till i'm booted off oso ? Let's take guesses. Lol

171 posts if you count the original that got locked for improper behavior
Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Offer cant be any fairer than that.

I wouldnt have offered it unless this thread was pulled down.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Offer cant be any fairer than that.

I wouldnt have offered it unless this thread was pulled down.

+1
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Hear them crickets?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Id have to agree as much as it sucks but seems like a good way to get out and the cheapest..
Actually I'd retract the offer. The complainer has taken this topic to yet another thread.

Scott is being too much of a gentleman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.