How or why does a thread get locked ? >

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Notices

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
The real problem with forums like this is there are some people who think they can type anything they want including some of the most blatant lies trying to bully a dealer/vendor/advertiser into doing something beyond normal course of business. The businessperson has to bite his lip and not bring up the other side of the story as they will now appear to be the bully. Then there are the liable concerns as Matt addressed in his comments that consumers think do not apply to them. There have been lawsuits that are setting precedent with this very thing.

I think in this case the dealer has been very patient with an owner who is clearly over his head on a large boat. Drove it over rocks, overheated it a few times, and then sunk it. Now wants his money back by bullying the dealer? The dealer offered you a settlement if you really want out take the deal. If not stop this nonsense. You have insurance and you have a nice boat. Leave it at that.
You're a business man making money off Shogren so you are invalid.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
oh.. and it was said to have camper top. it was delivered with no camper top. It cost us 2,000 dollars which Shogren gave 800. When should I stop. I'm telling you it has been a ridiculous ride. I never had anything like this in my life before. My poor wife is stressed to the max. This was her dream boat.
Go On and Take the Money and RUN!

Yes....I hear the tune in my head!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do what you have to do, your full of hot air

Do what you have to do.

You get offered your money back then throw out court.

You have alot to explain my friend in court, I promise but instead of throwing you under the bus I made an offer that you asked for and now you spin again.

You're a tool, good night and good luck.

See you at the lake.

Scott Shogren

I think we're hitting the grand finale !!!

I say take that offer and shove off. I can always use that offer in court now that it was offered.

I guess you don't know what my wife says about you...haha.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
A survey and seatrial would have found salt corrosion, overheating problems and verified canvas that was supposed to be there was there.... you failed to do due diligence as a buyer. You bought a house without an inspection found out had termites and blew up the furness because the filter was plugged..sucks to be you man.
Guilty... man they had a good reputation. And bragged on themselves so much I was sold
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Scott is willing to unwind the original deal

You purchased / financed boat for "x" amount of dollars
He gave you "x" amount for your trade in of motorhome.

You owe more on the trade in then what it is worth.

equals your negative equality.

You the buyer choose to roll it into the loan of the boat purchase. Scott did not make you make that choice.

He now offers to unwind the deal completely after you return the boat in the condition it was picked up. He has you cover his 7K in reconditiong expense done to the trade in. He also offers to pay the 5K insurance deductible.

No fuzzy math.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

enough is enough. Bring in your boat and get your money back and move on. Seems pretty fair to me, I would consider yourself lucky. Do you understand what "as is" means. Your getting a free pass here after driving your boat over rocks and then almost sinking the damn thing. It's apparent the boat doesn't like you.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I think we're hitting the grand finale !!!

I say take that offer and shove off. I can always use that offer in court now that it was offered.

I guess you don't know what my wife says about you...haha.

I think she is going to eat you for lunch....

Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

An offer is on the table and we know both sides of the story....

This thread too is now LOCKED, we are not getting anywhere but going back and forth....

Please see forum rules - DO not start another thread on the subject.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.