Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How or why does a thread get locked ? >

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Notices

How or why does a thread get locked ?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we should try to keep this thread about censorship. I'd love to shift gears. WTH?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
censorship always boils down to two things. Either one money is involved and people want to make as much as possible and have no road blocks and will run over anybody that gets in the way. Or second people want others to behave how they want them too, usually for money so revert back to number one. But can be other reasons why they want to act a certain way like political or religous beleifs
That my friend was very well put.. I like that
Old 04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Not having been a paying member on this site for all that long, but reading and enjoying OSO for years, I have noticed a distinct and concise thread locking pattern.

If there is a direct threat, or a demeaning attitude toward a member by another, the thread gets locked.

If there is any type of racial commentary, the thread gets deleted or locked.

If a paid advertiser comes under fire by a member, or a group of members, the thread is DELETED or locked.

Excessive profanity, same thing...

I know I am missing lots of other reasons, but I still can't figure out why certain members have gotten banned, or some of the more controversial posts locked or deleted???

Censorship is good to a point but... On OSO BS walks and reality talks.

You are not able to come on OSO and say, do, or be, something that you are not, for very long so why not just leave some of these threads alone?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Yup good luck. I feel your pain I bought a fountain not at the exspense you did but found 4 grand in damage after I took possesion of it. Wel I was deployed overseas when I bought it and boat sat for 6 months with two covers on it. Well I came home to find a boat with half of the cabin rotted out. Broker claimed that it did that damage in 6 months, I didnt think so either does the repairman. Use the BBB you might never get out of it what you want but be reasonable when you file its all on line and takes 10mins. Either way it will be a stain on their record if they dont offer anything. But if somebody is willing to hose a combat vet they will not hestiate to hose you either
You bought a boat without even looking at it?????????????

If I was deployed overseas, I think I would have kept banking the boat fund untill I got home, then bought one with a survey... but hey, Im just a drunken muppet....
Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

censorship always boils down to two things. Either way money is involved and people want to make as much as possible and have no road blocks and will run over anybody that gets in the way. Or second people want others to behave how they want them too, usually for money so revert back to number one. But can be other reasons why they want to act a certain way like political or religous beleifs
Lest ye forget, that oso is a privately held forum by IB. It is a profit making enterprise. If you had a buisness, would you let someone walk inthe front door and start biotching to one of your valued paying customers???? This is a private co. as such they may regulate the content as they see fit. If you dont like it, there are several other boating related boards out there you are more then welcome to try.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
I been giving the man a chance since last October. Read all the thread and I think your own questions will be answered. I been boating for 25 years and this is my first real problem. Get the facts...
If you have been boating for 25 years...why in the world would you drive a boat that is new to you with smoke coming out of the engine compartment? I guess that is the statement that definately swayed my opinion from neutral!

I will get back on topic....I think your thread should be unlocked...if for no other reason than for all to know the outcome! No one enjoys censorship.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Registered

Fountain4402, for what is worth, your anxiousness and impatience cost you, lesson learned but at the same, taking advantage of a serviceman deployed in a time of war or not is an absolutely deplorable act not to mention complete bullsh!t.... If someone purposefully boned you, they deserve to be swimming with the fishes. I thank you for your service.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just reread the entire thread and it appears that Scott is more than willing to help you and that he would like to get to the bottom of the original issues. I would look into an amicable trade and move on. Just my .02
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
I just reread the entire thread and it appears that Scott is more than willing to help you and that he would like to get to the bottom of the original issues. I would look into an amicable trade and move on. Just my .02
Yes. It would seem like that on here. Did you read where I'd lose 18k by my figuring and the numbers he gave? Of course now he says we never talked numbers. Me and my wife were having lunch and I was talking numbers on the phone. But really, cencorship? I paid money

Oh ya. Why wouldn't he give me the same money in a different boat that is on the sales contract for the one I have now ? I don't understand

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-23-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
Yes. It would seem like that on here. Did you read where I'd lose 18k by my figuring and the numbers he gave? Of course now he says we never talked numbers. Me and my wife were having lunch and I was talking numbers on the phone. But really, cencorship? I paid money
You pay money to go to the movies...does that mean you can take in your own munchies, stand up during the middle of the movie and critique it at the top of your lungs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.