Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 38 Crossover heads to Desert Storm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/252184-new-38-crossover-heads-desert-storm.html)

catlife 04-26-2011 07:16 PM

It's ugly. I don't know why a company that that has so much capital (as Frisini appears to have) would not produce their own boat. Why copy every body elses name and use their molds (a.k.a Sonic/Spectre/Dakota/Mares etc.) Its obviously not a Spectre. Does not look like a Spectre and will not run like a Spectre. Why use the Spectre name??? The answer is to get sales. It de-values real Spectres and it is BS for Spectre owners.

If they get someone stupid enough to buy it - good for them. Like someone else said, it's no fun being passed by other boats 65-70 aint fast enough.

Is it trailer-able? How much does the truck cost to pull it?

wananewboat 04-26-2011 07:41 PM

Why so negative?

Carguy08 04-26-2011 08:04 PM

That would make sense.

catlife 04-26-2011 09:01 PM

Don't own a Spectre and probably never will - my brother does though and he does not want to post for obvious reasons.

What I post is fact. If you don't like it that is ok. Nothing I have said is a lie or false.

I have met Jay and it was less than memorable....A.K.A not his friend

Chuck 04-26-2011 09:16 PM

Companies get bought out everyday and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but no need to express it so harshly. If its not for you that's fine.

DrewDown 04-26-2011 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=catlife;3388014]

What I post is fact. /QUOTE]

WRONG. Its your opinion. We heard you the first time.

tax man 04-26-2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by catlife (Post 3388014)
Don't own a Spectre and probably never will - my brother does though and he does not want to post for obvious reasons.

What I post is fact. If you don't like it that is ok. Nothing I have said is a lie or false.

I have met Jay and it was less than memorable....A.K.A not his friend

Who peed in your cheerios. You are certainly not posting facts just your opinion.

Here's Johnny 04-27-2011 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by catlife (Post 3387885)
It's ugly. I don't know why a company that that has so much capital (as Frisini appears to have) would not produce their own boat. Why copy every body elses name and use their molds (a.k.a Sonic/Spectre/Dakota/Mares etc.) Its obviously not a Spectre. Does not look like a Spectre and will not run like a Spectre. Why use the Spectre name??? The answer is to get sales. It de-values real Spectres and it is BS for Spectre owners.

If they get someone stupid enough to buy it - good for them. Like someone else said, it's no fun being passed by other boats 65-70 aint fast enough.

Is it trailer-able? How much does the truck cost to pull it?

it's called surviving in today's business world.....why would a candy store only sell cherry flavored bubble gum.....they have to sell everything they can.....they have to pay the rent, the electric, the labor, etc, etc, no matter what so might as well open your client base up to all different types......you may not like the boat but there is a certain group out there that will......good for Frisini and I hope to see there continued success in the boat building business......

Here's Johnny 04-27-2011 04:26 AM

and to add to that Frisini seems to be a company that is buying up succesfull brands and basicly putting them under one roof......kind of like how you see Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robins under one roof nowadays.......it's what companies need to do to survive today.......a perfect marriage.....busy in summer when one wants to cool down and busy in the winter when one wants to warm up.......it's called a good business plan.......