Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   man . . looks like some had a rough weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25240-man-looks-like-some-had-rough-weekend.html)

glassdave 05-27-2002 11:56 PM

man . . looks like some had a rough weekend

geez . . .:( . . looks like some of us had a rough time out on the water this weekend.

47 fountain crash at loto

"lick this" spins out at loto

offshore cat crashes at Sea Isle City, possibly fatal

42 fountain sinks in storm in texas

sunsation32 lost a pair of fresh labbed props just a few minutes old

packinair busted a mid section on one of his outboards

dreamer lost a drive leaving shooters in cleveland

i hope everything works out for everybody. especially the people involved in the sea isle, that is very sad to here. lets be careful out there

26scarab 05-27-2002 11:58 PM

Hey Dave ,
Did Scott get any time on the boat before it broke ? Just wondering if those new shorten lowers help him any?

MitchStellin 05-28-2002 12:03 AM

Yes, the summer has just begun. No need in trying to pack a whole season in in one weekend:D You will just be packing it up. You are suposed to do this at the end of the season so you can work on it all winter:rolleyes: . We finally had a great weekend in Holland. I put a roof on my house but still got in two rides Sun and Mon. Nice East wind so the air was warm but the water was 54.:eek: I still went in up to my...... and it was not too bad. How sweet it is.:D :D :D

glassdave 05-28-2002 12:06 AM

yea 26 it helped alot but the guy did a questionable job shortning them and they did not last long.more on that later . . .i'm sure scott will start a thread. before any thing gets started though the guy has stood behind his work so far and has stepped forward on a few other issues and has resolved them. so we will see

Boat Girl 05-28-2002 09:50 AM

Dave- Whats up...Dave Pleae have Scott call me...he can call me at work...800-763-0060...thanks

Risk Taker 05-28-2002 09:56 AM

Re: man . . looks like some had a rough weekend

Originally posted by glassdave
.....47 fountain crash at loto

Hadn't heard of this one......what happened ???

Scott 05-28-2002 10:14 AM

Mary and I ran in to Scott while he was limping back in did not look good. I took out a prop in the Dink does that count?:D

C_Spray 05-28-2002 10:24 AM

...and two fatalities in Philadelphia

A jet-skier was killed Satuday afternoon when he was struck by a 20' blue/white speedboat (reportedly a Donzi - they're still looking). This happened right in front of Penns Landing, the downtown waterfront park. His PFD kept his body on the surface.
A Junior High School kid drowned on Sunday after jumping into the river with his clothes (and shoes) on to "cool off". Haven't found him yet.

Anybody have any questions about the value of safety procedures now?

glassdave 05-28-2002 11:50 AM

Re: ...and two fatalities in Philadelphia

Originally posted by C_Spray

Anybody have any questions about the value of safety procedures now?

no kid'n C spray . . . good comment.

BG- i will Pass it on. hows it go'n down in FLA. hope the new job is going well. hav'nt seen you on AOL IM screen lately

risk taker- i saw it on another thread. dont think it was too bad though. i was just summing up some of the weekends events to hopefully reinforce the need to be safe out there.