Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   JBS remains king of the desert (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/252541-jbs-remains-king-desert.html)

JBS 04-30-2011 04:19 PM

JBS remains king of the desert

Sorry to hear the event got cancelled-it takes a huge amount of effort and is dissapointing to hear.I hope everyone still had fun.with the cancellation-JBS ransoms king of the desert for one more year!

Double Down 04-30-2011 05:51 PM

bragging rights for another year! Hope to see you defend your title next year Jeff! :drink:

AB From Windsor 04-30-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3390929)
Sorry to hear the event got cancelled-it takes a huge amount of effort and is dissapointing to hear.I hope everyone still had fun.with the cancellation-JBS ransoms king of the desert for one more year!

Dessert Storm "CANCELLED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Happened?

Downtown42 04-30-2011 07:07 PM

North 50mph winds.

Double Down 04-30-2011 07:25 PM

coast guard called it, too windy for the rescue helicopters and crew...sunday didn't look much better so they scrapped it for 2011.

PokerRun388 04-30-2011 07:33 PM

JBS, I'm not sure anything their could of beat your 188mph anyway....idk guys? wat do u think?... maybe Gary ? or Chip who ran 186 in his 388 at LOTO......

dicudmore 04-30-2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3391021)
JBS, I'm not sure anything their could of beat your 188mph anyway....idk guys? wat do u think?... maybe Gary ? or Chip who ran 186 in his 388 at LOTO......

nobody stood a chance if this years course was .7 again :drink: both those Skaters are FAST but need a few more feet to stretch the legs :drink:

Dan <------had to work today anyway :lolhit: :angry-smiley-038:

thisistank 04-30-2011 09:09 PM

Still had a great day...threw out about 150 powerboat magazine shirts to everyone in the channel partying and just ran teagues skater up to a buck fifty coming back from pirates cove with lick this with us. Great ride! Caught some serious air with 3-4' rollers! Choppy, crappy water!!

Hope to see the JBS crew back again next year to defend your title!

frankenstein 05-01-2011 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3391068)
Still had a great day...threw out about 150 powerboat magazine shirts to everyone in the channel partying and just ran teagues skater up to a buck fifty coming back from pirates cove with lick this with us. Great ride! Caught some serious air with 3-4' rollers! Choppy, crappy water!!

Hope to see the JBS crew back again next year to defend your title!

How about " throwing " them out to actual subscribers. I'm not a guy that gives a rats &ss about free t- shirts, but I feel giving them to loyal subscribers should be ahead of people who are not. I'm in the beer business so I get tons of free t-shirts, so It's the last thing that I need, but principal weighs in. You may get some business by giving someone a t- shirt for free in the channel, but probably not enough to make a difference. Loyalty is the key. You know what I mean, people who pay more than ever for a magazine, but get less than ever for their buck. I am definitely not a complainer, but if you're going to give out free stuff, how about the people who get nothing even close to what they paid for when they subscribed to your Magazine.