Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31 >

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Notices

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Tony C was driving the green DCB, Johnny T. was driving the orange one.
Credit where credit is due man , nice drivin guys & congratz to SERIOUS balls & extreme focus.

:erna ehrung004:

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 05-02-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelign
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Thanks for the vid.

I wouldn't say the DCB got his ass handed to him, since he looked to be pretty far ahead of the rest of the pack excluding Predator.

Going that fast isn't easy, even when you have the power & ability to do so. The DCB being "only" 31ft long deserves to be noted as well from a fellow drivers standpoint. No matter who built the boat, taking one up to it's upper capabilities when they're packing the kind of power both boats are, takes SERIOUS balls & extreme focus.

I think whoever was driving the DCB deserves credit for taking it up to those speeds no matter where he was in the pack. That's a LOT less boat to keep under control at those numbers.

It can be difficult to explain to others that haven't ever driven anything that fast on the water. There's definitely more to it than just pushing the throttles down & holding on.
Very well put.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
go to youtube.com, type in , stvkeith Desert Storm Poker Run 2011, 1st Wave

Shows Gary's Skater passing the Green DCB M31 w1350s, and shows other boats such as them returning from the 1st card stop etc..56 sec clip.... The same guy also has about 5 smaller vids showing the Orange M35, Mr. Sweeper Skater etc...

....enjoy....
Yup, enjoy!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
SO do you have an adapter to mount these on the Merc 1200 intakes yet.
No, the SC's are WAY too big for that engine as is. dual 2.9's do very well. 1075's don't do a lot in the way of airflow and if you put to large of a SC on there, you'll just lose torque and only gain a little hp.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Beautiful boat runs like she's on rails & gas sure is cheap in Cali $3.29
Where??? I saw some cheap gas in AZ for $3.65 but in CA it is like $4.20/gal
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the SC's are WAY too big for that engine as is. dual 2.9's do very well. 1075's don't do a lot in the way of airflow and if you put to large of a SC on there, you'll just lose torque and only gain a little hp.
I'm taking about the 1200 Race version not 1075's althought I know there isn't a huge difference.
But I have a plan to get more are into the cylinders, just need bigger blowers to get there but would like to use the Merc intake because of the injector set up and plumbing already in place.
Surely you make an adapter to get a couple of these on there with all that custom CNC stuff you do.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Where??? I saw some cheap gas in AZ for $3.65 but in CA it is like $4.20/gal
Ya, I would like to buy some in bulk at that price and sale it on the street corner, because 91 octane is quite a bit more here.....
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I'm taking about the 1200 Race version not 1075's althought I know there isn't a huge difference.
But I have a plan to get more are into the cylinders, just need bigger blowers to get there but would like to use the Merc intake because of the injector set up and plumbing already in place.
Surely you make an adapter to get a couple of these on there with all that custom CNC stuff you do.
There's still no reason for it. The blower speeds on the 1075 and 1200 are identical, there just using boost control to waste a bunch of energy and fuel. The 2.9's make 1330hp on race gas and have plenty of steam left, problem is the cam is WAY TOO SMALL and the heads really build up boost at higher rpm.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's still no reason for it. The blower speeds on the 1075 and 1200 are identical, there just using boost control to waste a bunch of energy and fuel. The 2.9's make 1330hp on race gas and have plenty of steam left, problem is the cam is WAY TOO SMALL and the heads really build up boost at higher rpm.
I know all this already.
But the Race version have larger cams which I may or may not change. And if I stay with a whipple style blower, I will be changing the heads.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, about that adapter.
I am sure I am not the only person who would want one.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the vid! Those of us stuck in colder weather really appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.