Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31 >

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Notices

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 2,832 Likes on 951 Posts

Gary, again congrats on the run....It was a pleasure catching up with you.

Tank
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
Albert Haynesworth took off followed by ZR48 mti ,then the two DCBs-basically a chain reation to Albert leaving.I then took off and passed the 2 MTIs and the orange DCB at pilot rock and the green DCB after steamboat cove.It took a while to get that 40 rolling.
Nice Work Gary!... Hey, what happend to Mike Bobbit (40 Skater) and Chip's 388...? didn't see them in any clips...
Did they breakdown?.....
Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Nice Work Gary!... Hey, what happend to Mike Bobbit (40 Skater) and Chip's 388...? didn't see them in any clips...
Did they breakdown?.....
Chip broke...Mike injured a motor last weekend and couldn't get it ready in time for the run. He'll be back next year though...I heard a rumor he may drag his bad azz 40 Skater to LOTO too.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Chip broke...Mike injured a motor last weekend and couldn't get it ready in time for the run. He'll be back next year though...I heard a rumor he may drag his bad azz 40 Skater to LOTO too.
Hey tank,, Gary, Chip and Mike all possibly taking their Skater's to LOTO....

What's gonna be left for me to take pics of at SCOPE LB Poker run Aug 27/28....all the west coast guys going to LOTO....
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Hey tank,, Gary, Chip and Mike all possibly taking their Skater's to LOTO....

What's gonna be left for me to take pics of at SCOPE LB Poker run Aug 27/28....all the west coast guys going to LOTO....
That's what I hear....All and more are heading to LOTO this year.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I was not aware that you had such a manifold available. I actually wanted to keep the Merc intake due to the direct injection and use of 16 injectors. I know the intercooler maybe less than ideal, but it's a pretty neat set up and I already own it, meaning manifold, injectors, intercooler, and all related plumbing.
buy the blowers and i can machine you an adapter plate.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didnt have time to be worried.I felt very confident that i would catch and pass him.My boat was on rails because we ran negaive trim to keep the nose down.My on board video makes it look like we were out for a sunday drive-except at the start.
Cool!! Congrats on a great run!!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Gary, again congrats on the run....It was a pleasure catching up with you.

Tank
Tank-nice meeting you and your wife .Maybe we can get SCOPE to plan a poker run that doesnt conflict with LOTO.Even Al Burns is going back to LOTO with his "out of control" skater.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Registered

Tank-nice meeting you and your wife .Maybe we can get SCOPE to plan a poker run that doesnt conflict with LOTO.Even Al Burns is going back to LOTO with his "out of control" skater.
We'll see you out there! Planning on being there for the shoot-out to root for the west coast!

By the way, the SCOPE board was gracious enough last year to change their date as to not conflict with Lakeracer's plan to hold a poker run at the San Diego Bayfair that would have conflicted with the original poker run date. They chose the new date last year, only to realize it conflicted with LOTO. There's issues with getting the docking for the participants boats for SCOPE (only so many opportunities to do so). I think if the date's not changed this year is will have dramatic affect on the SCOPE event. That's 4 big contenders just off the top of my head (plus Bobbit may take another SCOPE member with him, so that's 5 boats). I'd like to see the SCOPE event changed too so more can attend. I'll run your OL, you take the skater....

Last edited by thisistank; 05-03-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have arranged a 40 to top speed flag drop race. Let's see who would win then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.