Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31 >

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Notices

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
He is a great guy and the best thing to happen to DCB in years as far as a employee goes.
Yep, and the worst thing to happen to Elim. Definitly has balls to run that boat like that. Says a lot about the quality of the boat though as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by CheckedOut
Yep, and the worst thing to happen to Elim. Definitly has balls to run that boat like that. Says a lot about the quality of the boat though as well.
That green DCB runs like a raped ape. Having been in it at 170 and going from 70 mph to 170 mph in 19 seconds, I can assure you, the torque level is impressive. I had a long conversation with Dave and JT (while Tony worked on selling boats) the day before the poker run. All are very modest, down to earth and just cool guys that have no illusions of grandure. They went to run and to have fun but knew Gary would be a major contender. I don't think anyone doubted that. And as a matter of fact, Gary was awarded the "Mayors choice award" on Sat. night for his excellent commitment and focus on the Desert Storm events.

Tony did an excellent job safely running the Green Machine but it does handle AWESOME! Listen to Teagues eval of the boat at the 2:19 mark...Pretty much sums it up. It's a shame the boats didn't get to compete in the shoot-out. That would have been a great show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQZOu3d0Ms

Bottom line....Aint no shame in either's game. Excellent showing by both.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt have time to be worried.I felt very confident that i would catch and pass him.My boat was on rails because we ran negaive trim to keep the nose down.My on board video makes it look like we were out for a sunday drive-except at the start.
Congrats on a great run,
Now lets see that video.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sean Moore (LICK THIS SKATER) ha sit and it condensing it and will post it soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
We'll see you out there! Planning on being there for the shoot-out to root for the west coast!

By the way, the SCOPE board was gracious enough last year to change their date as to not conflict with Lakeracer's plan to hold a poker run at the San Diego Bayfair that would have conflicted with the original poker run date. They chose the new date last year, only to realize it conflicted with LOTO. There's issues with getting the docking for the participants boats for SCOPE (only so many opportunities to do so). I think if the date's not changed this year is will have dramatic affect on the SCOPE event. That's 4 big contenders just off the top of my head (plus Bobbit may take another SCOPE member with him, so that's 5 boats). I'd like to see the SCOPE event changed too so more can attend. I'll run your OL, you take the skater....
The ol was on track to be first to the island 4 years ago when 5 miles away a blower belt came off.It flat crushes the swells in the ocean.Next time you are in newport-stop by .I miss doing the SCOPE run as it is in my backyard.

Last edited by skater40; 05-03-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Tony drove that boat like he stole it and the cops were chasing him.He wished he was in a 40 skater on the way back.
He told me that he thought he was going over with all the lake wash from boats going both directions.
He is a great guy and the best thing to happen to DCB in years as far as a employee goes.
I agree Gary, Tony is awesome!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

Nice job Gary! Congrats on a great run in a beautiful boat!

And thanks to that Keith guy for some good video work.

jordy
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Should have arranged a 40 to top speed flag drop race. Let's see who would win then...
That's exactly what the shootout would have been (30mph to top speed) had it not been blown out.

Originally Posted by jordy
Nice job Gary! Congrats on a great run in a beautiful boat!

And thanks to that Keith guy for some good video work.

jordy
Agreed!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DynojetResearch

Agreed!
Shocking!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I was not aware that you had such a manifold available. I actually wanted to keep the Merc intake due to the direct injection and use of 16 injectors. I know the intercooler maybe less than ideal, but it's a pretty neat set up and I already own it, meaning manifold, injectors, intercooler, and all related plumbing.
Just finishing it now. Ours has dual injectors as well, same one works, but it flanges out to a 671 pattern so we can use our massive intercoolers instead of that narrow stock one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.