Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"... >

A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"...

Notices

A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"...

Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"...

This is in no way an advertisment nor do I have any profit to be made, but I feel it is a must to share this on OSO.....if anyone is interested in an excursion that I would call, with permission from Bob a "Mini-Bob The Builder Experience"...... I would look in to this..... This past week I visited St. Maarten in the caribean with my wife....... With a tip from Bob about some guys with a Diesel powered Sonic, I did some research of my own and found a Frenchman, Pascal who owns a gasoline powered 38' Sonic with twin 500's.......I booked an all day charter on Saturday starting at 9am....I have to say we had the best time and got to see a bunch of new spots only reachable by boat.....we traveled from St. Maarten to Anguilla and anchored at a few of the nice beach resorts. Then we went to Crocus/Short Bay which was a beautiful spot for swimming and snorkeling......did lunch at one of the resorts and made our way back to St. Maarten around 4pm. We were going to go to St. Barts which also would have been a great day trip but water conditions made us opt for Anguilla........just letting you guys who are Go-Fast junckie's like myself know, so when the wife asks where you want to go on the next vacation you can tell her where and this could be added to the itinerary......here is a short video from the trip.....there will be some pics to follow tomorrow when I am done uploading from my camera to my computer at home..........and if anyone is interested I have Pascal's direct phone number so you can deal with him directly..........

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...t=19f7ccfe.mp4

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 05-02-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Cool! Glad you had a blast, John. Love the vid.

I have a feeling that this part of the world will remain a popular subject here on OSO. Bob is a one-man, one-boat public relations agency.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad you were able to get out on the water down there, Johnny. Sounds like you had a great day. Makes me want to go back. We liked St Maarten / Anguilla / St Bartt's area. Lots to see and do but nothing like getting out on a boat.

The Sonic we encountered I think was from Anguilla and was powered by twin 315 Yanmars. Here are a couple of pics of that boat that may have inspired you to track down a charter.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"...-sonic-1.jpg   A Mini "Bob the Builder Experience"...-sonic-2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Bob.....we actually ran in to those guys in the diesel Sonic at one of the beaches........and those were the guys I was originally looking for.......nice group of guys.......
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
Cool! Glad you had a blast, John. Love the vid.

I have a feeling that this part of the world will remain a popular subject here on OSO. Bob is a one-man, one-boat public relations agency.
So true Jay.......
Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Registered

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 05-03-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Some of the most beautiful water in the world, I can't think of many other places I'd rather be...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered

Old 05-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered

Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Registered

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 05-03-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.