Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25264-best-hull-stains-cleaner-easy-use.html)

Vyper340 05-28-2002 09:34 AM

Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use

Check this thread out for the easiest to use and best hull and fiberglass stain cleaner that I have found.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=25250

Vyper340 05-29-2002 11:38 PM

Seriously this stuff works and is worth every penny when you consider the costs and labor for ON/OFF and the other products out there. Check out the link above.

Reckless32 05-30-2002 12:00 AM

Also, Starbrite Hull-Cleaner works like on/off, but the yellow won't come back quick like on/off. Previous boat took months to yellow. Once I used on/off (gloves, mask, nasty odor, etc) the yellow came back within a couple of days. Starbrite requires no mask, gloves, nor odor (though recommended) and the yellow stays away normally i.e. weeks....Bottom line. Stay away from on/off except the most extreme situations....

Rick

Vyper340 05-31-2002 07:46 AM

Rick - I will loan you my bottle of this cleaner so you can see how easy and effective it is because you wipe it one like naval jelly with no scrubbing and rinse off. Remind me the next time I see you or stop by the house.

BillR 05-31-2002 08:04 AM

Ok, I'll chime in here too. . . .

You guys need to try this stuff!!!! I tried some in my bilge of my old boat. I had stains that I tried to get out with:
Aceatone (sp)
Comet
Cleaner Wax
Bilge cleaner
and I forget what else. Then the boat was in service and the service manager gave me a "rag full" of this stuff. I wiped it on the stains and left it for a few minutes, rinsed, and the bilge was back to LIKE NEW white.

I have also used it on the hull to remove the yellowing stains, same results.

This is good stuff. :D :D

R Addiction 06-02-2002 01:04 AM

What is this stuff? Can we get it at a pool store or do we have to get it thru you?

at100plus 06-02-2002 02:05 AM

Muriatic Acid

It's harsh stuff, it is found in any hardware store, it's cheap, like $1.50/gal., and it takes the yellow stain right off with one wipe. Downside is that if you breath it in it will knock you to the ground like tear gas and take your breath away. Don't know if it will hurt paint, but doesn't bother white gelcoat.

Mickey Britain 06-02-2002 08:38 AM

Screw the acid, try FSR, non toxic and is safe for a fiberglass.Most boat dealers have it:D

steve chalupka 06-02-2002 09:39 AM

Two questions.
Vyper 340. Will this cleaner remove algae. My boat sits in a slip and collects this stuff at the water line. I have my hull power washed w/ muratic acid a couple times of year. Its amazing stuff. It cleans the hull like new again, doesn't hurt fiberglass but is very expensive to have done. My marina charges $8.00 per ft. I have a 272 Baja so this can get rather expensive.
Also, are you the manufacturer of this cleaner, a rep? Do they have a website? What is the NAME of this product? What are the guarantees on this product if it ruins my boat finish? If it's a pool cleaner chemical then I should be able to buy it here locally. I have a pool type store a few blocks from my home. What's the secrecy in the name???????
Bill R. When using in bilge I'm assuming you add xx amount of this cleaner to so many gallons of water (in the bilge) and them turn on the pump? Is this cleaner safe on bilge pump lines, seals?
Thank for the info. Sound like the stuff maybe too good to be true. I'm interested in trying some.

Vyper340 06-03-2002 06:16 AM

R Addiction - I have never found it at any hardware store. In fact the manufacturer does not sell to retail stores of any kind. Also, it is not harsh as you say but it does take the stains off. It is not acid nor does it come in gallon sizes for $1.50.

Steve - I do not know if it will take algae off. The name of the product is Ring-go and I am not sure it is available at the pool stores. You apply it directly to the fiberglass without diluting it at all. Wipe it on then spray it off.

I have used the product on several boats including my old 26 Scarab which I had before my PQ. It never caused any problems with hull and did a phenominal job taking any stains off.

BillR 06-03-2002 08:47 AM

Steve, I just squirted it in the bilge, smeared it around with my mop and rinsed it out with a hose after a few minutes. The boat was on a rack so I never used it with the bilge pump.

This stuff is really good. I had tried some before Vyper340 made it available to OSO members.
I think most everyone who tries it will be impressed, plus it is cheap!!!

at100plus:
There are no fumes with Ringo! I think you are refering to On/Off. THAT has fumes!

turbo2256 06-03-2002 08:58 AM

Something I have found that works well on real tough stains, scuffs, on fiberglass , vinyl rub rails, clear plastic etc is Semichrome pollish.

velocity260 06-03-2002 06:55 PM

I use the dri-wash stuff to clean boats and cars and it will clean up bird droppings, soot(diesel or gas), and the green stuff of the hull. I sell the stuff to friends. No water needed, no scrubbing, no acid.
http://www.dri-wash.com/

Vyper340 06-09-2002 10:25 AM

Velocity - I've never tried the dri-wash, does it work on scum lines? I will order a sample so that I can try it out.

Ron P 06-09-2002 11:11 AM

Krazy Kleen. Amazing cleaner. You must try it on fiberglass.

Vyper340 06-10-2002 01:10 PM

I've tried Krazy Kleen and it just did not work to get the yellow scum area off. This stuff worked.

Vyper340 03-13-2003 06:54 AM

It's spring and it's time to clean the hull. In case you need the best and easiest cleaner check out the links in the previous posts.

HOTROD2 03-13-2003 07:05 AM

I tried some cleaner called "oil eater" in the engine compartment and it took all the oil stain and yellow out by just wipe and rinse. It seems to clean most anything, but I don't know about the scuum line, never tried it on that..

Enticer Rick 03-13-2003 10:36 AM

I bought some of vyper340's cleaner. As soon as the weather
breaks in Michgan, I'll post the results I get with it. I do have
some stains in my bilge I hope to clean.

rbtnt 03-13-2003 06:40 PM

This stuff worked great on the scum lines last year.

Vyper340 03-23-2003 06:20 AM

TTT

hp500efi 03-23-2003 07:10 AM

Vyper, your link does not work :)

CAP071 03-23-2003 07:10 AM

I been using Starbrite, But I'll try anything.

rbtnt 03-23-2003 09:25 AM

viper340, is there a shelf life on this cleaner? I have some left over from last year.

boatfreak 03-23-2003 09:27 AM

My boat never sits in water long but for a yellow line from a day or two in a dirty lake I use Slimmy Grimmy. This stuff is cheap, easy and it works.

Gordo 03-24-2003 10:41 PM

For hull cleaning, I used to use "Zing". Then realized it was pretty much muriatic acid so I just started buying muriatic acid by the gallon.
I have tied the "FSR" that Mickey recomended with really good results. I haven't had the chance to read the contents yet, but would like to see what's in it.
Ok, so where do we buy this "Ring Glo" stuff?

Sonic Steve 03-25-2003 05:04 PM

Have you guys ever tried "the Works" It is a regular house hold cleaner for showers and toilets. We never leave the boat in the water for longer than a weekend and our hull turns yellow over time, this product works with no effort.
I have even used it on boats with algae and it is great for that too.

rbtnt 03-25-2003 07:38 PM

I use the works tub and shower on the exhaust tips, but not the gel. I'm goin to try the ring go on the tips this spring.

Gordo 03-26-2003 10:01 AM

This stuff is Good!

Carrie, (Outlaw Cowgirl) bought a bottle of "Ring-Go" and brought it over to clean on the B-Nauti Outlaw. I have tried many cleaners over the years, and have seen some good stuff. This is one of them.
The stainless exhaust tips were pretty scroungy, (the typical baked on crap), but this stuff cut right Thru it by simply wiping some on and wiping off with minimal to NO scrubbing. The best part is, no abrasives so no scratches or "dulling" of the stainless. Carrie then crawled into the bilge area and removed some old rust stains with ease.
I'm sure it has some type of acid content so I wouldn't use it on aluminum or clear coated wheels, but I'm going to try this Ring-Go stuff against some of the other cleaners I have.
So far, I'm very impressed.

Indy 03-26-2003 10:04 AM

Gordo...you are correct, it has hydrochloric acid in it.

Primal Instinct 03-26-2003 10:45 PM

I did a google on ring-go and find it for urinial cleaners in what looks like a small bottle and then a different place has it under spa cleaners in a wild cherry thick liquid gallon container. Which is the right stuff or is it the same?

How much do you sell it for Vyper34? The link at the beginning of this thread didn't work for me...

Thanks! :)

Boatfixr 03-27-2003 03:02 AM

Try a product called Iron Out. It is available at many supermarkets and hardware stores. It's an old fashioned remedy for getting dark stains out of clothes and plumbing fixtures. Just mix the powder with hot water and wipe on, rinse off. It works really well on the yellow/brown hull stains. It does not work as well in the bilge unless a degreaser is used first.

boat2530 11-11-2009 04:18 PM

"The Best and Fastest Hull Cleaner" is Power One!

Not only the Best and The fastest Power One has No Smell! Try it you will see it out performs all the others.
WWW.POWER1ONE.COM

Jassman 11-11-2009 06:48 PM

try the Leverage hull cleaner.. works extremely well with no acid or harsh chemicals. In the long run, the acid in many products works, but long term effects on the fiberglass is detrimental. If the pours are closed and cleaned with the proper product, and then sealed with the Leverage polish.. clean up is a breeze... everytime.

http://topnotchperformancemarine.com...oducts-c2.html

Power1One 09-15-2010 08:19 AM

Power One FAST WORKING ODOR FREE!

Demos' this weekend in Atlantic City of Power One at the www.power1one.com boat. Opa team Adreneline Rush Racing.