Notices

Graphics design needed

Old 05-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Graphics design needed

I tried once on the old Offshore newsgroup without success, so thought I'd give it another shot here.
I'm looking for someone who can come up with a design to update the graphics on the Formula "without" having to repaint the boat back to all white first (or cover the entire boat in vinyl). Anyone wanting to take on a challange (and then sell me the designs in vinyl?) can see the boat at my web site. Go to http://www.corvetteforum.net/classic...65corvette.htm and then click on the "dock" link.

Any good artists out there ??

Thanks - Greg

PS - Have a "wav" file of the motors courtesy of my wife the acoustics engineer on the site too.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

The one guy and only guy Ryan Beckley. http://www.kineticanimation.com/

The official OSO sticker boy.

I had a similar problem with my scarab. I was seriously thinking of repainting the whole boat but Ryan saved the day.

Here are some befor and after photos.

Befor : http://users.bestweb.net/~chevy/scarab%20befor

After : http://www.skunk.net/scarab/excel-1.htm

The sorry the after photos aren't the best. I need to take better photos on a sunnier day.

Paul

Last edited by Hot Boat; 05-28-2002 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

Greg.

Another option is to phone Dean Loucks at The Art of Design. Better yet, check out some of his work on his website,
www.the-artofdesign.com. His work is nothing short of amazing. If you really want a design that turns heads phone Dean.

Ricochet.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EFX

Chris at Graphic EFX has the experience and talent you are looking for.

Maximus
Old 05-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Registered

Sorry Greg.

The link I posted isn't working.

I'll phone Dean tomorrow and see what's up.

Ricochet.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Registered

Here we go Greg.

Dean's website is http://www.the-artofdesign.com/portfolio.cfm.

Ricochet.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:35 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

are those the origonal seats in the cabin?
formula cabin really are the nicest of the classic offshore baots. Kicks the **** out of the old scarabs. How fast doe she run and how much power are you engines making?
Old 05-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Registered

Hotboat - The Scarab looks great. I just wish mine were as easy with just a single color panel. The "period" spectrum stripe is (for my ability at least) a lot harder to come up with something that works with.

Ricochet - Link doesn't work from my system anyway. I'll see if the search engines can find him.

Puder - The interior and cockpit upholstery is original, but it was custom ordered from Formula, the white cabin wasn't "stock" or even a listed option (at least it's not in my brochure). The original owner (I'm the second) gave me the brochure, order sheets, Formula QC checklist, all the original manuals and everything. He bought the boat to impress a girl, then lost interest when she left. Boat had 180 original hours on it when I bought it about 4 years ago. It's heavy (no surprise with all that cabin woodwork), so tops out at 60 on twin ~475 HP motors. There were a few built with Kaama surface drives that an old Formula rigger told me ran about 10 mph faster on the same power.

-Greg
Old 05-29-2002, 07:48 AM
Registered

GregP

I agree. Ryan Beckley is without a doubt one of the best in the business. Ryan has an eye for performance boat graphic design and is GREAT to work with. I would HIGHLY reccommend him.

Shane
Old 05-30-2002, 11:08 AM
GeoGraphics INC

Cool GRAPHIC DESIGNS

Hey Greg - If your Looking for graphic designs for your boat - check out our web site - we can definately get you going!

Quick Reply: Graphics design needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.