Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Traded for a Center Console (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/253174-traded-center-console.html)

Carguy08 05-09-2011 09:08 AM

Traded for a Center Console

1 Attachment(s)
I have to say getting rid of my boat has been a lot harder than I would have thought. Its supposed to be the 2nd happiest day of boat ownership???? Not for me.

Boat is on its way to Oregon and coming back is a nice family cruiser, so my wife and kids can start to enjoy boating with me on a more regular basis. I thought about being a two boat owner but after talking to some people on the board, I decided because of our short season in upstate NY it would be in my best interest to get a CC that seems to be very versatile.

The deal has gone great with Tim from Oregon Custom Marine. He was always there to answer all my questions, and trust me I have had alot.

Tim has gone above and beyond when it came to customizing the boat to my liking. Stereo, GPS, and LED's all were done on site and they look great. (I had to play with this thing a little bit).

After being beat up and dissappointed by so many other people that operate buisness's in the boat industry, It was nice to deal with a straight shooter that was all about the customer.

Cheers to growing up and going slow. :drink:

budd 05-09-2011 09:25 AM

Well, what did you buy?

Gladhe8er 05-09-2011 09:58 AM

Will you have the new CC at the LG event?

Carguy08 05-09-2011 10:01 AM

I got a 360 Spectre Roadster.
Yeah I will be at there but I havent asked if the boys are gonna want me to run in the event. I did get the invite but that was before the trade. We will see.

Gladhe8er 05-09-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Carguy08 (Post 3398361)
Yeah I will be at there but I havent asked if the boys are gonna want me to run in the event. I did get the invite but that was before the trade. We will see.

Is your going to be faster than Chucks?:party-smiley-004:

I'll see you there. I am runnign my AT,

Superbabi 05-09-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carguy08 (Post 3398361)

Hey Carguy08,
I will be at the Spectre factory this week to
go over color and options with them for my
new boat. Is your build started yet?
Gary

wananewboat 05-09-2011 03:53 PM

Congratulations on the new boat, I guessing you got the one with the 350s. Very nice looking boat. I was wondering how you are handling the towing of that boat with the beam being over 8'6"? I know you can get permits, but for regular towing what would you do?

P.S. Post some completed photos. :drink:

Tantrum 05-09-2011 04:03 PM

Realy???
Blame it on the the wife and kids? Come on!:grinser010:

Good luck with the new ride, Im sure it very nice or you wouldnt have made the move. Look forward to seeing it soon.

dkwestern 05-09-2011 05:04 PM

Are you and "Chuck" both going from 36 NT Cats (both orange/blue) to 36 Spectre CC's, both living in the Northeast, or am I going crazy?

Kelly O 05-09-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dkwestern (Post 3398755)
Are you and "Chuck" both going from 36 NT Cats (both orange/blue) to 36 Spectre CC's, both living in the Northeast, or am I going crazy?

You are going crazy.

Thought at first these two turn-coats were losing it also. Now it seems sensible and admirable.

That being said, keep them things out of the way of the fast boats !!:evilb: