Like Tree0Likes

Lake Cumberland water level

Reply
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
  #11
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
My Boats: What ever they let me us
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
For an inland lake it just doesnt get any better than Cumberland.
I went to the poker run in 2007 and I was surprised after hearing all the hype about the lake I expected more. No one mentioned itís a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up at and not much for night life. Iím sure itís different if itís your home lake and know tons of people, but I feel the same way about our inland lake - Lake of the Ozarks.
eddie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
  #12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fountain4play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha - LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
No one mentioned itís a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up.
From what I've heard the best way is to rent a houseboat and have it as your "base of operations", come prepared and well stocked with the essentials.

There's nothing worse than finding out after you've got to a place that they don't sell any spirits... Lake Cumberland is one of the places I'd like to go to for the Poker Run sometime...
fountain4play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
  #13
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincinnati ,Ohio
My Boats: 1990 Fountain 35
Posts: 361
Smile

The part we like is in the summer you can find water conditions for what ever you want to do ski, float, swim, run wide open or you can hide out in one of the many coves and not see no one for hours. The water is clear enough you can see what pitch prop someone is running.
tman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
My Boats: 2001 Eliminator Daytona 26 ICC
Posts: 540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman View Post
The part we like is in the summer you can find water conditions for what ever you want to do ski, float, swim, run wide open or you can hide out in one of the many coves and not see no one for hours. The water is clear enough you can see what pitch prop someone is running.
Pretty much sums it up! To me, there is nothing better than Cumberland.

Also there are three Poker runs on the lake this year. I hope people have an opportunity to take a trip to Lake Cumberland this year!
Fountain Family is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
  #15
BZ
Registered
 
BZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Evergreen Park Il
My Boats: 2006 Fountain 42 EX
Posts: 2,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain Family View Post
Pretty much sums it up! To me, there is nothing better than Cumberland.

Also there are three Poker runs on the lake this year. I hope people have an opportunity to take a trip to Lake Cumberland this year!
See you in Sept....
BZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
  #16
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
My Boats: DCB F-32
Posts: 1,860
Default

I was thinking about testing props and lowers on Friday. Thought I might launch and wrench at the ramp at the Dam. Do you think it's a waste of time?
SkiDoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
  #17
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDoc View Post
I was thinking about testing props and lowers on Friday. Thought I might launch and wrench at the ramp at the Dam. Do you think it's a waste of time?
Last Saturday it would have been but things can change quickly in a week. From our deck it is looking better every day. If I hear of anyone venturing out I"ll let you know what they say.
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 PM
  #18
Registered
 
ktm2212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Westchester, Ohio
My Boats: 38 Top Gun T/S
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
I went to the poker run in 2007 and I was surprised after hearing all the hype about the lake I expected more. No one mentioned itís a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up at and not much for night life. Iím sure itís different if itís your home lake and know tons of people, but I feel the same way about our inland lake - Lake of the Ozarks.
I've been to both lakes, but Cumberland is my "home" lake. I agree with you on the night life. Really enjoyed the night life and bars/restaurants on Lake of the Ozarks. You guys know how to party. As far as quality of water and endless coves, you really can't beat Cumberland. Next time ur there, try hanging out around State Dock. Closest thing to a Bar on the lake. Take a walk back into the private owner slips where all the houseboats are. The docks really get rockin with tons of friendly people who will welcome you in.
ktm2212 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 AM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: www.bajaboatowners.com
My Boats: 1995 Baja Boss 272(SOLD), 2003 Baja Boss 302(SOLD), 1992 Baja Boss .38 Special
Posts: 2,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm2212 View Post
I've been to both lakes, but Cumberland is my "home" lake. I agree with you on the night life. Really enjoyed the night life and bars/restaurants on Lake of the Ozarks. You guys know how to party. As far as quality of water and endless coves, you really can't beat Cumberland. Next time ur there, try hanging out around State Dock. Closest thing to a Bar on the lake. Take a walk back into the private owner slips where all the houseboats are. The docks really get rockin with tons of friendly people who will welcome you in.
+1 I love going there Poker Run weekend and have met some great people. I've been in 2008 and 2009 but couldn't make it last year. Would like to make it again this year, but just doesn't look like it's in the cards.
Irishtornado is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 AM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
My Boats: 1985 Baja 220 Sport-454, 1986 Formula 272-350's
Posts: 61
Default

I was thinking about heading out there Memorial weekend too, what is the best place to launch and things to watch out for? We have been out to Barren River Lake a couple times this year but with all the flooding most of the ramps are closed right now.
Brad Murphy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.