Notices

Drainage Question

Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drainage Question

In my 92' four winns 221 lib -- when I get water in the cuddy, it doesn't drain back to the rear bilge so I can drain it out of the boat even if it's higher than the drain hole, what do you think, a clog? What's going on?

The center of the floor does pull out if the rear seat is out of it...which I should have thought about sooner since it was just out for service. I always just assumed the gas tanks were there and the front should drain through there and into the rear. I don't get it wet much, but had it out of my rack storage for some work and it's been raining pretty heavily...

It's got me worried I may just be dumping water under the floor for some reason, this would not be good. Because if no more is going in, and nothing is coming out...it may be full...

So what connects the two, a hose? and where does it run?

Help...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

So let me get this right: The water drains from the cuddy, but doesnt end up in the bilge? If that is the case then the hose going from the cuddy to the bilge is off or broken or something.

I had a 251 Liberator and the drain at the bottom of the step went to the bilge. There may have been a bilge pump on the front drain, I can't remember now.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I had a 1992 Chris Craft that did the same thing. The best solution is to prevent water from getting in there in the first place. Do you keep the boat covered?

I bought a good cover and it kept most of the water out. If I knew there was water in there I would take a shop vac and suck it out.

Bad design I guess. I don't think there was a tube connecting the cuddy to the bilge. I probably could of came up with some type of solution but I was a noobie boater at the time and that was before OSO!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I have a 290 Sundancer and it has several areas in the cabin that "can" get water and won't drain.

I just check them often when on the trailer. There was just no way to make a central drain to the bilge. Annoying and a huge issue when the boat is not tilted rearward on the trailer.