best 28 footer for the salt and chop >

best 28 footer for the salt and chop

Notices

best 28 footer for the salt and chop

Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boaty69
some great input guys,lots of research to do now-thanks to all.just checked panteras website,the new 28 looks great-if i sell my house do you think i could live aboard?
Take a good look at the 28 Pantera in the link in a previous post for 40K very nice boat.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I had a Nordic 28 on Long Island Sound which snots up just fine. I wouldn't call it a rough water boat by any means, pretty hard hitting when it got rough, it's definitely better suited for lakes.. However it's a beautiful looking boat, great cabin...possibly the best out there for a 28. Great tooling also.
I once read a list you compiled about likes and dislikes of the Heat and thought you were extremely honest about the whole thread. Very stand up.

UD
Old 05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boaty, curious as to your location. I can only recomend a 27' activator as thats the only one in this range i have been on. I do agree with the apache, pantera , powerplay and saber though.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

I agree with the overall point Uncle Dave was trying to make about the west coast vs east coast. East Coast is usually less show more go, where as west coast is directed more towards functionality. However, most east coast boats do have a molded in swim platform. Kryptonite, activator, superboat, OL, Hustler just to name a few.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The boat that has won more offshore races in it's class the past 10 years.
Attached Thumbnails best 28 footer for the salt and chop-joker3.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
I agree with the overall point Uncle Dave was trying to make about the west coast vs east coast. East Coast is usually less show more go, where as west coast is directed more towards functionality. However, most east coast boats do have a molded in swim platform. Kryptonite, activator, superboat, OL, Hustler just to name a few.
I'm seeing them more and more in teh past 5 years true so its less of a differentiators now than it was a bit ago.

I think Pantera, Sabre, Active Thunder and progression don't though.

UD
Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
how fast will 1 of those run w/ a 525, 700???? thanx
Standard Lavey 2750 NuEra with 525 will run low 80's... Dave's 2750 is loaded with options; full cabin, AC, full setreo, tv, full nav + radar, and much more... His boat will run low 90's or solid mid-high 80's with load.

Lavey 28 EVO (same hull as 2750) which is a sit down 4 person, poker run/hot rod boat will run 105 with Ilmor 710

Last edited by lavey jr; 05-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

I'm a huge fan of the 28' Active Thunder with twin small blocks. The twin small blocks won't be bad at all on fuel and the boat has a great cabin, takes the rough really well, and has a nice deep cockpit.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

More than anything, your decision will be based off what you like as far as styling. The ride will be most attributable to your driving abilities. Lavey, activator, active thunder, sabre...... doesn't matter. I've had Joey Impressica drive my Kryptonite in some serious 3 footers, real 3 footers, and to this day I've never been able to replicate that ride again.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I once read a list you compiled about likes and dislikes of the Heat and thought you were extremely honest about the whole thread. Very stand up.

UD
Thanks Dave...flag waving can be misleading to a potential buyer. These boats cost big bucks and it's a HUGE purchase for many of us. People have a tendency to defend their purchases since they've put a ton of research and money into their selections which can be an issue if somebody is reading the posts intently while trying to decide if the boat should be a consideration.

The 2002 Heat I had built was a beautiful boat with MANY positives but ultimately not the best for my waters. We sold it and bought the PowerPlay which was a completely different animal. What a difference but that's another story....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.