Notices

Not a good weekend...

Old 05-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Not a good weekend...

Just got back to work from my "vacation"...spent yesterday disconnecting the motors in the Cig...

Splashed her on Friday and did a shakedown cruise...noticed the oil a bit thin and a slight knock when we brought her down off plane...the outlook was bleak...

Changed the oils on Saturday and headed out for another shakedown...ran the boat easy for about 20 min and then a short blast at WOT and the starboard motor let go...no oil pressure and knocking bad...the consensus was a spun bearing...

So, rather than spend my season fixing motors, I decided to buy a pair of fresh 540s and be done with it...I really wish I could have gotten the season out of these motors but it was not meant to be.

All in all a pretty bad weekend and not the way I wanted to start the season...but after reading the posts about the guys in the Skater, my problems are minute...my heart goes out the the family
Old 05-29-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Sean,
I was sorry to see you without your boat on Saturday If you guys want to go out this Saturday give me a shout. I had more bad luck this weekend. I almost got arrested on Monday! It's a long story that involves a f#$%-up person that lives across the street from me.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that Sean. I have been having some issues with my motors, but nothing that bad.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you said it cat...and I read earlier that my ole 28 Cig hit a log and damaged a drive and transom assembly...

If this is a sign of things to come for this season, I may sit it out...all this stuff is just too weird...blown motors, spin-outs, totalled fountains, barrel rolls...definitely not good...

gary, thanks for the offer...we may take you up on it...

Last edited by Sean; 05-29-2002 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that Sean......cant say that my trip to marathon wasnt without incident either though....was idling thru some shallows and a wave lifted the rear of the boat and set it down on something ..bent a blade on my just redone Hydros 90 degrees.....then the power steering pump decided to let go.....but I got it all fixed back up again and am ready to go....hope you have better luck in the future.......