Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Nobody had any intention of cheating
That's a pretty strong statement to make, considering they got caught cheating last year as well, coincidence??? I wouldnt bet a wooden nickle on that.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This kind of stuff is why the poker runs have become more popular than the races in KW, in my opinion. Nobody really cares about the racing classes and truthfully the poker runners put on a better show the day they roll into town.
It's cool to go to the pits and see all the hardware, but it's better to walk the docks at the Galleon and spectate there.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zipper
THANKS JEFF! leave me out of this dog fight
Your knee deep in it Zipper, Jerry and I ran Marks boat the other day after a few beers and ran 94.6. Jerry can't see, and I was drunk. Go figure. I can't spell to well either. I bet it will run better in some chop. Jeff Hose "ME", down?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
This kind of stuff is why the poker runs have become more popular than the races in KW, in my opinion. Nobody really cares about the racing classes and truthfully the poker runners put on a better show the day they roll into town.
It's cool to go to the pits and see all the hardware, but it's better to walk the docks at the Galleon and spectate there.
You cant compare pokers runs to racing.No doubt there are beautiful boats at a poker run and the owners should be proud of them.Poker runs seem like alot of fun and there are people that come out to admire the boats.There is a nice show to see.However screwed up racing is right now;some people still want to race, and some people still want to watch races.Racing is racing..and everything else isn't!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy1
Racing is racing..and everything else isn't!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smcser
We all got paid at the end of the day
Probably one of the biggest reasons the organizations would not come together.

How would you merge a PAID STAFF with a VOLUNTEER STAFF ???

If the PAID STAFF was asked to help out by working as VOLUNTEERS and give up their pay check, what do you think the response would be ?

This is my assumption that the organizations are still being run as they have in the past.

Personally, I haven't been keeping up with what has been happening in the Offshore World Politics.

Only reason I knew there was an OSS Race coming up was because I was asked to submit an image for the Race Program.

BTW, Can someone scan a copy of the program so I can see how it turned out ?

P.S.

When the property you are to use for your upcoming race is to close on a real estate deal the weekend of your event, it is certain changes would need to be made. I don't see how that can be any organizations fault for rescheduling the event to another time . Just a thought !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spk1
We have all this attention on the thread, and the pages are starting to roll into the double digits on the cheating subject, and as I can denounce cheating, and don't respect it in any form, I think that we could turn this thread around to push the sport, and take all those, including myself who haven't been the best at following every race, and find ways we can promote.
Even as I read this thread, I cant help but think, that all of the great minds we have on this board, and what ideas and experiences we could generate to help push powerboating as a whole back into the spotlight.
Key West Nationals is something that I do with my friends every year now, and I think its in part because of the poker run that's included, as well as the extra attention and detail put into that event because it is a championship event, if we could start promoting that kind of attention and following, and even get each race event to have more of the social and party atmosphere as our poker runs, I bet we could sell one hell of a lot more boats, as well as have one heck of a lot more fun together,, because that's what I feel it should be about. Regardless of the boat you run, or the team you cheer for.
I don't think, in my ten years on this site, that I've seen a better post on this subject. In fact, I liked it so much that I fixed some of your little flubs.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Allweiss just keeps smiing!
I seem to remember the cheating that went in back in his days as well. Remember A Class and B Class and some in the F1 and F2 classes. Guys were waiting for the other guys to leave the dock before they started their engine(s). And even the banning of small builders in the Factory Classes so that the larger builder(s) would have an easier advantage. Some guys running water ballast tanks. Water was only in the boat during weigh-in and weigh-out.

Even back then, the sanctioning bodies couldn't get along. Allweiss and Carbonell only had 1 or 2 Key West Races together. It wasn't all puppy dogs and cotton candy back then. It had its good points and its bad points. At the start, it had some dot com money involved and, money wise, things were better than they are now.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I don't think, in my ten years on this site, that I've seen a better post on this subject. In fact, I liked it so much that I fixed some of your little flubs.
Thank You for the kind words, and repairing mine! We are all from different backgrounds , but share a common interest in one great hobby, helping each other in the spirit of that hobby is what counts the most!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I assume you could beat that fountain if they did not cheat?Have you ever had someone accuse you of cheating?

now this is an interesting concept....but if these people run within the confines of the rules how would they know if they have a chance besting the guy caught with illegal equipment???

Not only were they accused... but they were proven to be cheating!

paradise--enlighten me on where you are going with this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.