Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 05-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leave us out of this one. Yes our teams race for free.

This is what I'm talking about. One Series complaining about the other and not knowing all the facts. It appears that a racer from OPA states they race for free, when OSS is complaining about registration fees and OSS having to tell all the racers they are reducing the fees at a venue. It is pretty obvious of what series to join if you want to race, maybe that is why OPA is not struggling as much as OSS. One can afford to travel more if they race for free. In order for venues and promoters to raise money from sponsors for their race sites a good show must be put on. More boats equal more racing equals more excitement equals more spectators. The fastest way to kill the sport is to advertise a race and have a small fleet of boats show up. People will not be so willing to commit to showing up and supporting the racers, both financially and in person if they don't know what kind of turnout they are risking. When times are tough, that is when animosities must be set aside for the betterment of the sport. The old saying still applies- Go Big or Go Home.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by screammachine
Nicly said, People need to be put in the promoters shoes for a year of prep, and then see if they would make the same comment. You just don't know who will show up. IT IS WHAT IT IS according to ZIPPER, and that how it gose. I would go to a one on one race. Jeff
It is not the Site Promoters or the Racers fault that only 10 boats showed. It is OSS fault for not securing the teams prior to committing to Biloxi. If you can't bring the show, don't promise it or take thier money.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I assume you could beat that fountain if they did not cheat?Have you ever had someone accuse you of cheating?

I dont know if we can beat him, if he didnt cheat. But I know some other teams can. I have never been accused of cheating. I dont give people a reason to accuse me
Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

The real house wifes of OSO...
Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

We have all this attention on the thread, and the pages are starting to roll into the double digits on the cheating subject, and as I can denounce cheating, and dont respect it in any form, I think that we could turn this thread around to push the sport, and take all those, including myself who havent been the best at following every race, and find ways we can promote.
Even as I read this thread, I cant help but think, that all of the great minds we have on this board, and what ideas and experiences we could generate to help push powerboating as a whole back into the spotlight.
KeyWest Nationals is something that I do with my friends every year now, and I think its in part because of the poker run thats included, as well as the extra attention and detail put into that event beacuse it is a championship event, if we could start promoting that kind of attention and following, and even get each race event to have more of the social and party atmosphere as our poker runs, I bet we could sell one hell of alot more boats, as well as have one heck of alot more fun together,, because thAts what I feel it should be about. Reguardless of the boat you run, or the team you cheer for.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,302 Likes on 3,706 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
It is not the Site Promoters or the Racers fault that only 10 boats showed. It is OSS fault for not securing the teams prior to committing to Biloxi. If you can't bring the show, don't promise it or take thier money.
Intresting comment, I would not make a lot of claims towards any organization at this point of the season, as it is still early, and between the price of fuel, and the economy, there may be a few more let downs on the horizon!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allweiss just keeps smiing!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by screammachine
Nicly said, People need to be put in the promoters shoes for a year of prep, and then see if they would make the same comment. You just don't know who will show up. IT IS WHAT IT IS according to ZIPPER, and that how it gose. I would go to a one on one race. Jeff
THANKS JEFF! leave me out of this dog fight
Old 05-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Interesting comment. The OSS race in Biloxi in past years has had: 2007-23 boats, 2008-22 boats, 2009-25 boats, and 2010-26 boats. Pretty consistant for the last 4 years considering the economy. What's interesting to me is that there was a World Finals on the Gulf Coast last year that had 23 boats in attendance (3 less than last years OSS race in Biloxi).
Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
I was at the races boring myself to tears, and if anyone cheated, at least that would have made it exciting.

The truth is that there was no race...11 boats, two of them broke, and two drivers were in two boats each that could not run at the same time....
Soooo, it was like watching paint dry

From what I understand the boat in question was set - up for P-1 on Saturday, but the organizers begged everyone to run on Sunday too so that there would be a few boats on the anemic race course....

From my perspective all the race teams that showed up, spent lots of time money and energy to race, should be applauded for doing their best to put on a show for the spectators...
Well said, there were no plans to run sunday's race, they were asked to please run since there was nobody there. Nobody had any intention of cheating or for that matter competing in sunday's race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.