Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KOOLPerformance
Who's been charged and where?

explain what happened at time of questioning, or were you just nailed outright

your opinions/thoughts on the subject
Never been charged in over 20 years. Scolded once a couple of years ago by OPP in Honey Harbour, Geo Bay area. I've heard they will ticket you in Tobermory. No problems in Orillia / Port Credit / Toronto area for me.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I have never heard of anyone getting busted in Toronto harbour. Guy behind me in the marina has a 22 donzi with a 496 and no mufflers, he never has been stopped.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mufflers:

Boats without mufflers installed and connected are not permitted within 5 miles of shore (updated Mar/03). Engine blowers must be operated for at least 4 minutes before starting a gas engine - proper fuelling procedures are now mandatory

trust me I can squirt louder than our twin using silent choice , just interested on how stict this apparent law is being inforced
Old 05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Mufflers:

Boats without mufflers installed and connected are not permitted within 5 miles of shore (updated Mar/03). Engine blowers must be operated for at least 4 minutes before starting a gas engine - proper fuelling procedures are now mandatory

trust me I can squirt louder than our twin using silent choice , just interested on how stict this apparent law is being inforced
I would say enforcement may be a bit lax and probably at the discretion of the local water cops. Often it is complaints that drive the level of enforcement. The Performance Boat Club of Canada just informed us that all boats must be equipped with mufflers this year to do their events. They are just tired of taking the heat. I think it is a good idea. I have switchables on the Donzi.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been stopped several times on Lake Ontario .
Just for a safety inspection . The noise was never mentioned . Only " How fast does it go ? How much does it cost to fill up ? " Twice on Georgian Bay . Pretty much the same thing . Then there was a time late one evening on the Niagara River I was heading back to my Marina .
I think but I can't be sure . There might have been some blue flashing lights on a boat behind me . But it must have been a really slow boat because he just kept falling further and further behind . I have no idea why . I figure after answered a few Officers questions they could just tell the other guys . My TG is fairly loud .

Paul
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Mufflers:

Spenc, I am sure you will be able to attract the law enforcement without any problem
Drive it and enjoy and assume the position when they pull up beside you. See you on the water
Old 05-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

When it's switched off through hall Kragar you can hear frogs fart 3miles inshore so I doubt we'll have any issues
Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I would say enforcement may be a bit lax and probably at the discretion of the local water cops. Often it is complaints that drive the level of enforcement. The Performance Boat Club of Canada just informed us that all boats must be equipped with mufflers this year to do their events. They are just tired of taking the heat. I think it is a good idea. I have switchables on the Donzi.
I dont think switchables are legal anymore.

Enforcement

At last years High Stakes Run in Ottawa 4 boats were not allowed to leave the dock.

The start your engines at Orillia this year should be interesting.

On Lake Simcoe the police presence has increased.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Was pulled over 2 yrs ago in the Bobcaygeon/Fenlon Falls area.....they did a hard 180, came after me and wanted me BAD!!!.....when they pulled up it was ALL about alcohol....def #1 concern with them....I /we were fine, no problem.... then after scolding us for not wearing life jackets at 35mph we were on our way.....no mention at all about noise....I have si choice...was in quiet when they pulled up....seen the same pair of cops one more time that year and twice last year, they're parked and I drive right by, pipes open, they just wave.

Im at Orillia/Big Chief/Lagoon City just as much.....lots of loud boats....So far never have had/seen a problem there either...

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 05-22-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.