Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone boat on Raystown Lake in PA ? >

Anyone boat on Raystown Lake in PA ?

Notices

Anyone boat on Raystown Lake in PA ?

Old 05-29-2002, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone boat on Raystown Lake in PA ?

Someone just told me about it . It looks like a real cool place ! Just wondering if anyone knows about it and how the ramps are for a 39'cat or if lifts are availible . Any help would be great ! It would be nice to boat in fresh water for a change !

I don't know though ........ Don't you loose a hole 2or 3 mph ? I don't know if thats worth it just to not be covered in salt and not have your boat and trailer rot apart ! I'll have to sleep on it

http://www.lakeraystown.com/
Old 05-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

boot it is nice there but you would get bored real quick, but you would be the man with that boat there. They would be coming out of the woods when the heard it fire up,is that's one of them thar cigarette boats youin got there fellow huh?
Old 05-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Say hi to meatball miller if you go.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raystown lake is a beautiful place. Winding lake through the green valley. No houses on the lake, just two resorts, five points marina and raystown lodge. Nothing around the lake to do except sit around a camp fire. We have a small group that goes out once a summer. Depends on what you like to do! For me, 4 day trip is enough. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Old 05-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Raystown lake is a beautiful place. Winding lake through the green valley. No houses on the lake, just two resorts, five points marina and raystown lodge. Nothing around the lake to do except sit around a camp fire. We have a small group that goes out once a summer. Depends on what you like to do! For me, 4 day trip is enough. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Registered

Hey boot, how's it going?

We used to go there every year. Like the others said, it's beautiful scenery, but not much to do. We would camp out there and water ski. The water is VERY CLEAN! You can even tent camp from your boat, if your into that kind of thing.

YOU would be the entertainment on that lake.(Most boats are under 30 feet) Perfect water for a cat though. It's a cool place for a long weekend.

Closer to home is the delaware river. We're there almost every weekend. Give me a shout if your going down.

Toolman
Old 05-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ike , Aint that there a "CIGAR " boat aint it ? IN my case it's 2 cigars joined in the middle !

East Coast B, THanks for the info . My girl friend likes the quiet times . She would be happy to sit by the camp fire watching me fly back and forth like an idiot ! Are there any resturant type places there you could pull up to with the boat or do we need to keep the truck handy ?

Tool man ! HOws that big bad Formula doing ? Can you just pull up anywhere by boat and tent at that lake ? Water skiing would be cool ! I would have to tilt those arnesons down to keep that rooster tail thingy under control ! Put then I would need to have an extra person on board for a spotter . I probably couldn't find anybody interested in riding in my boring boat

I am very interested in that C&D canal run into the chesapeke . I'll let you know when I get it together and it's dependible ............
Old 05-30-2002, 05:44 AM
Registered

Two places to eat on the lake. One at Raystown Resort, one at 5 Points. Anything else is by truck and there isn't anything close that I am aware of.