Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just a thought to all Dealers/Manufacturers... >

Just a thought to all Dealers/Manufacturers...

Notices

Just a thought to all Dealers/Manufacturers...

Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a thought to all Dealers/Manufacturers...

I am not in any way a salesman or in the marine business, but I do think of things sometimes that make me question why some don't think outside the box.......I live in a modest home in a pretty upscale neighborhood in Nassau County New York......I live directly behind what is known as "The Miracle Mile of Manhasset" shopping center..... This is where all the high end over priced stores are...Gucci, Prada, Botegga, etc, etc..... Every year they hold what is known as the "Conquers de'elegance".....basicly a high end car show for locals and professionals to show off there very high end cars........this, I am sure is a common thing around the country and attracts lots of attention for all involved....granted most men love cars and know of there existence.......what I am trying to say is why wouldn't a boat dealer show there product off in an enviroment where you are open to new exposure......a poker run/boat show is great to show up at but pretty much everyone there knows all about you already........I would try to expose my self to that part of the market that has not seen or been exposed to say an Outerlimits or Cig..........The reason I write this today is because just yesterday as I came home from work I heard a helicopter that sounded like it landed just around the corner......I took a walk to see what was doing and much to my surprise was a Swarovski Helicopter on display for the week in front of some of those stores........and believe me some of the people that live and shop around here can afford to grab one of these with no problem......why wouldn't you display a boat in the same manner in some different high income areas ?? Just some food for thought.....

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 05-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

"modest home in a pretty upscale neighborhood"... man, you're funny!.

I hope the chopper wasn't in the lot! My wife would drive right into it w/o seeing it.

BTW, when we going for a ride???

Lastly, i dig your idea. Let's throw the 358 on the trailer and park it in front of Armani.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some of them do. I know a couple of years ago Sutphen was set up next to Lambo's, Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, etc. in Greenwich, CT for a show. But if you are not seeing a return it probably isn't worth it.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
"modest home in a pretty upscale neighborhood"... man, you're funny!.

I hope the chopper wasn't in the lot! My wife would drive right into it w/o seeing it.

BTW, when we going for a ride???

Lastly, i dig your idea. Let's throw the 358 on the trailer and park it in front of Armani.
Glad I made you laugh Rob, hope I don't sound like d**k the way I said that......and yes it is right in the front parking lot on the Northern Blvd. Side.....right near Tocu......which I may be going for dinner on Saturday night with the wife......if your around let me know.......
Old 05-20-2011, 02:33 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's Toku.
Try Fatty Fish in Glen Cove, the Spicy Tuna Sandwich is rediculous.
And I'll be around all summer! hint hint!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
It's Toku.
Try Fatty Fish in Glen Cove, the Spicy Tuna Sandwich is rediculous.
And I'll be around all summer! hint hint!
We'll try that soon....for now it's stay as close to home as possible.....10 week old at home and my brother is babysitting both kids....lol.....I actually bought a new trailer a few weeks ago so I'll be on the North Shore a few times this summer.....i promise you a ride this year for sure.......
Old 05-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just my .02 There are car people, crazy high end brand name people, boat people, bike people, etc. etc. no need to show or market a Cig or OL or Nortech to the boat people, no need to market a Harlie to a bike dude, No need to market a Lambo to a car nut.
WTF is Gucci??/ See, I'm not a "brand" person.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Black Thunder used to do it once or twice a year at LOTO in one of the mall parking lots. Didn't work out so well for them
Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I displayed at Barret Jackson a few times in Palm Beach and some other stuff. Never really produced any quality leads
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've actually sold a few boats like that. I used to rent this guy's yard on Holiday Rd on the way to Lake Lanier Islands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.