Notices

No Recession Here

Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lofty
Yeah, like our Kalfornia firefighters... Avarage wage is up to $225k/year in the Bay Area, retire at 50 with 85% of your last years earnings for their pension. And they get to do labor trades throught their carier so they never use any vacation time then take up to one years un-used vacation as pay in their last year of employment boosting the last years salary.
That takes a retired 50 year old to $382,500/ year for his pension. Not bad in a resetion! I wonder why the state is going broke.....

Would you run in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tk5D54VI0I
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL! That is a late model Sunseeker, probably a Predator 64.

http://www.sunseeker.com/showboat.php?bid=29
I was thinking the same thing, it makes my Superchicken look like a old panga.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing, it makes my Superchicken look like a old panga.

What year is your Superhawk?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, like our Kalfornia firefighters... Avarage wage is up to $225k/year in the Bay Area, retire at 50 with 85% of your last years earnings for their pension. And they get to do labor trades throught their carier so they never use any vacation time then take up to one years un-used vacation as pay in their last year of employment boosting the last years salary.
That takes a retired 50 year old to $382,500/ year for his pension. Not bad in a resetion! I wonder why the state is going broke.....
I think firemen and policemen are worth every penny they can make. Unlike you, they put their lives on the line in their jobs every day.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
What year is your Superhawk?
It's an 02' with triple Yanmars and TriMax surface drives. We get some good use out of it in the Bay Area, we keep her up river but run down to the Bay out the gate to Half Moon Bay and up to Drakes and Tamales Bay for overnights. It's not the best overnight rig since there is no gally.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think firemen and policemen are worth every penny they can make. Unlike you, they put their lives on the line in their jobs every day.
Then I'll send you my property tax bills but you are correct, the closest I come to puting my life on the line is asking my wife what's for dinner before I finnish breakfast.

You may not be aware of what the public unions are doing in California, please read;
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/may/...g-advances-in/

We also pay 10% sales tax in our lovely state.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
I agree, we as a country have no problem paying somebody 30 million a year to play baseball or somebody 10 million to make a movie, and those people provide nothing to society except entertainment and even then is crap half of the time.
The good thing is that you don't have to watch baseball, subscribe to the NFL channel, go to the games, etc. You don't have to go to the movies or get the movie channels either so at least you have the choice not to put your hard earned dollars in their pockets.

My problem is with the speculators and hedge funds that are jerking off the public with the oil/gas situation. We have no choice or alternative to go to. F'ers...
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
I agree, we as a country have no problem paying somebody 30 million a year to play baseball or somebody 10 million to make a movie, and those people provide nothing to society except entertainment and even then is crap half of the time.

I will say this, what they make is all relative. I was down at camp last year and a friend of a friend came out from cali and he basically through out his whole finances and was discussing them. The guy from cali think he was from the LA area made roughly 300 a year and he was amazed at the house and items might friend had who makes less than 100 a year. My friend had a nicer house, a camp and two nice cars, the guy who made 300 had a small home and two older cars and thats all he could afford. Think he had a 12-1300 sq ft home that cost him 700,000 and his payment is like 6-7 grand a month for it.

So its all relative
Our taxes don't pay Tom Cruise's salary.

You're right about it being relative though. 9 years back I sold my Fountain to a guy from the bay area. He and his wife flew out, had his truck shipped to my house I was in at the time. His truck got delayed and they ended up spending the weekend with us. He wondered what I did to afford a seven figure home. He was shocked when I told him I paid $215K for it.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an 02' with triple Yanmars and TriMax surface drives. We get some good use out of it in the Bay Area, we keep her up river but run down to the Bay out the gate to Half Moon Bay and up to Drakes and Tamales Bay for overnights. It's not the best overnight rig since there is no gally.
Nice! Any pics?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
....with stuff like this coming in and out of our canal

LS

Where the hell am I supposed to land my helicopter on that piece of driftwood?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.