2010 Swamp Run Make-A-Wish "Wish Grant Story" >

2010 Swamp Run Make-A-Wish "Wish Grant Story"

Notices

2010 Swamp Run Make-A-Wish "Wish Grant Story"

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Swamp Run Make-A-Wish "Wish Grant Story"

As some of you may know, myself Nolan (NitrousNolan) and Mike (Sissy) run Nys PowerBoat Inc. We hold a few different events each year all of which are for a charitable cause in which we donate all proceeds. Our signature "Poker Run" the Swamp Run is to benefit Make-A-Wish, and each year has been able to grant a wish for a child and their family. This year the run is July 30Th 2011 located on Oneida Lake in Brewerton NY. if you would like info please visit the following thread : http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...th-2011-a.html

We have been asked by many about the wish recipient from the 2010 event and goes as follows, we posted this under the 2011 Swamp Run Thread also:

I just received a very touching story from our Representative at Make-A-Wish about the child and her family who's wish was granted from the 2010 Swamp Run Donation. Natalie had wanted to go to Florida and swim with the dolphins, and Thanks to everyone that was a part of the 2010 Swamp Run Natlie's wish came TRUE, below is the letter from Natlie's mother as well as some pics from their trip. THANK YOU everyone that was a part of the 2010 Swamp Run and made this possible .

"In June of 2009 Natalie was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. The doctors found a Wilm’s Tumor that had wrapped around her left kidney and spread to her lungs. She quickly underwent surgery to have the tumor and kidney removed. She then endured radiation to the stomach and lungs as well as 9 months of aggressive chemotherapy treatments. As a parent seeing your child struggling through treatment you are overwhelmed with feelings of worry, guilt, frustration, anger and sadness. However, underlying all of these emotions is faith. We were never without hope that a new day would come.

For our family, this vacation was the light at the end of the tunnel. It began with a wish granting ceremony at the Watertown Zoo. Dr. Foster, the director of the Zoo, took us in a private tour allowing the children to experience one on one animal encounters…even hands on feeding of the wolves!! After the tour Natalie’s wish was granted and she was filled with excitement and anticipation. Next came the surprise return of my husband from Iraq. The children were not expecting him and when we arrived at the airport to pick him up they were elated!! We were back together again and most importantly Natalie was on her way to recovery! We arrived in beautiful, sunny Florida and instantly Natalie was living her dream! She could not get to the pool fast enough! We spent each minute of every day in awe of the seemingly endless splendor that surrounded us. From the Safari ride at Animal Kingdom, to face painting and Sham…it was all beyond magical. When it came time to swim with the dolphins, I waited anxiously on the side lines as Natalie stepped into the pool with her Daddy. She stood next to the Dolphin grinning and giggling to ecstatically I swore she might burst. IN that moment a wave of sheer joy rushed through me, filling my heart with warmth it had been missing for quite some time. I knew instantly that this feeling was far greater and more powerful than any pain or sadness I had ever felt. It was not only at peace, but in a state of absolute bliss. My beautiful, amazing daughter stood there, in front of me, healthy radiant and insanely HAPPY! There will never be enough words to adequately thank you for that moment.

As I watched two red Mickey Mouse hats skip down the walkway and board our plane, I was not sad to be leaving. I knew that even though our vacation was over the feeling of ecstasy that it brought to our family was not. It was a new beginning, a new day. Thank you for providing us light at the end of a dark tunnel and for showing us the generosity, kindness and love of the human spirit. Our hearts will be forever overflowing as we carry with us the knowledge of the power of a wish.

With much love and gratitude,

Natalie’s Family"

Last edited by NY POWERBOAT INC; 05-22-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Spelling :)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

You guys should be proud. All the time and hard work you fellas put into this run is really appreciated. It's a great feeling for me to be a small part of that little girls smile. Can't wait to do it again this year.

See you on July 30th.

Last edited by Carguy08; 05-23-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: better get another babysiter
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Thank You Anthony and Thank You for your continued support, and we would love to see you on JULY 30th for the run. That new CC is a KickAzz boat, I hope you and the family enjoy it, We are jealous!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Great job!...very much looking forward to doing this run again this year and helping deliver another wish.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Looking forward to seeing you and your crew again!!! And if we don't hit our goal I will put the Reggie outfit on at the next run for the entire run.