MWL

Default Gullies on the Hudson How is it weekends/

I want to take a ride down to Gullies I have heard alot about it
Is it a hoppin place on weekends.
thanks

Old 05-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gullies is a fun place but docking space is very limited.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Bo
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWL

Where are you out of and what kind of boat you own....I'm from Albany area also. Where is gullies?

Bo
Old 05-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

gullies is a great place any day of the week. most night they have a live band. Food is good, there is a nice restaurant downstairs. Week night it gets packed . some times over crowded that I would rather chill on the boat than be at the bar. dock space is limited but people come and go all the time. 1/4 mile up the river is Front St. Its a indoor/ outdoor night club. The kiddies are inside and the adults hang outside. docking there is limited. There is no cover charge if you come by boat.

Paul
Old 05-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Bo
Registered

Default Gullies

Where is it? Upper Hudson or Lower? Kingston Area?
Old 05-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Its about a mile or less south of the Newburg/Becon Bridge. on the west side. It is a floating barge that was converted into bar. look for the blue canopy roof.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:58 PM
checkmate981

Default Hot boat

Did you take the boat out yet.
Dave

Old 05-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Dave the boat is down a Typhoon Marine waiting for the motor to be installed. They had a few hold up on the motor because of problems with the carburetor Co. they sent it to but in the end it was worth the wait. The dyno results came out higher then expected. 598 hp on a 454 with a 177 blower. I don't have the complete break down yet but when I do I will post the results and the internals of the motor. There seems to be a problem with a leaky valve guide dripping water into the exhaust chamber when the motor gets hot so the pulled off the head. It should be fixed soon and I hope to see the boat at the end of the month. As soon as I get it I will be heading to gullies. I cant wait. Maybe I can make it there with out blowing the motor this time. I will make it a point to get together with the local OSO members there. I will have to take a few trips to Kingston to break in the motor, anyone want to come along????
Old 05-13-2002, 06:21 AM
checkmate981

We will have to make a run down there.Your boat sould fly this year with 600 hp.
Dave

Old 05-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Bo
Registered

Default Gullies

We have been out testing/tuning our new motor a couple of times and finally have it about done. We launch out of the Albany
area and plan on getting a lot of use out of the boat this year. We go to Kingston just about every weekend. We also go to the NYC Poker run every year. Do you guys hit the Poker run at all? How limited is the docking at Gullies and is there alternative docking areas if Gullies docks are packed?

Bo

Quick Reply: Gullies on the Hudson How is it weekends/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.