Notices

dear jack a**

Old 05-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonyb
Dear powerboater douchebag,
Thanks for coming to the empty, isolated (from the main lake) bay where me and my friends like go to wakeboard. We normally go there out of consideration of other boaters, as to not disrupt other boaters, or have to deal with tubers. I'm especially pleased that you came out my way so I could hear your loud, unmuffled exhaust. It makes you look so much more badass, you don't even understand. When you came through at full throttle (in a dead-end bay), made that powerturn and hauled ass back out, I rubbed one out. That had to be the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

The point is, it goes both ways. There are people in every type of boat that disrespects other people. Just turn your head and go about your business. It's a public lake for damn sakes, just like the street.
At the lake where I used to do most of my boating we would raft up in the cove isolated from main lake and douche bag ski boats would come and pull someone thru the boats throwing everyone into each other. People wouldnt say much, however my friends and I were screaming at them. When they came back for seconds the outer most boat untied and cut the guy off, told him what an a$$ hole he was! The whole cove cheered for my buddy! Everyone hates a douche bag!

Now in the bay people seem to be a little better(minus rag baggers) and when someone does stupid stuff everyone lets em hear about it!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pitts1313
Bass boats fishing in the middle of blind curves that are main byways? I don't get it or the attitudes. You can't be catching anything with all the traffic and jeopardizing everyone that rounds the corner.

Jet skis are kamikaze pilots. I learned they will do anythng to pass you, even if putting themselves endanger by pinching you in a curve.

I have come off plane for canoes up river where it might be appropriate location for canoeing (but they really shouldn't be where big boats are), but sea kayaks in the main channel I am not coming off plane. They made a conscious decision to be there in the main channel wakes. In contrast. I choose not to take my power boat to play in a shipping lane jumping wakes or run thru a sail boat regatta.

I really believe the go fast crowd is pretty safety conscious and situation aware compared to all other boaters. I do my part to help project a good image

Jet skiers are definatly by far the best kamikaze pilots!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
What about the 4'5" old fart in the 65' searay smoking the stogie thats just plowing down the middle of the channel, at w.o.t barley able to see over the wheel. throwing a 5' wake on both sides. We have these chit heads here in florida and they are absolutely heartless bastards with way more money that brains. rich banker types that you wanna follow back to the marina and kick thier teeth down thier throats.....
I have heard that a boater "owns his wake". That the boater is responsible for his wake's damage. Don't know if that is true or how you prove it.

Wake Boarders are throwing some massive wakes with ballast bags on board.

Saw a pic of a 30 plus foot cat that had "Jet Ski Intake" printed above the tunnel and between the sponsons at the front. Rear of boat said "Jet Ski Output".
Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pitts1313
I have heard that a boater "owns his wake". That the boater is responsible for his wake's damage. Don't know if that is true or how you prove it.
I don't know about other states, but the local Virginia Marine Patrol enforces the above; "boater owns his own wake."

Near the Tides Inn they used to have a sign up saying this, too, but somebody removed it last I was there.

Best wishes.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 AM
Registered

Now it's getting good.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

douchebag powerboater cruised by the beach wanting everyone to look at him on Saturday. When he got to the end he faced it out to the main lake and took off. The wake from his boat tore up the whole beach and a few boats bumped each other from the wake that washed up to them.

Another douche move happened when a guy got hung up in my anchor rope, then the bow contacted the front of my boat and put 3 nice galges in the side of it What was that I read about people being aware of their surroundings?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Sounds like y'all are boating on lakes that are too dam small....
Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

You were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time . I just couldn't imagine a Performance boat doing anything wrong ....you must have been in thier way.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
You were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time . I just couldn't imagine a Performance boat doing anything wrong ....you must have been in thier way.
Yeah, I forgot that the ARE perfect people in the world. I guess they're in the powerboat crowd
Old 05-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Its a brave new world. I have a hard time telling if people these days are blatant pricks, or just blatantly oblivious to everything and everyone around them.
I couldn't agree more!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.