Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits 28-footer to Begin Production in Late June >

Outerlimits 28-footer to Begin Production in Late June

Notices

Outerlimits 28-footer to Begin Production in Late June

Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So help me out here, who makes a 28' V Bottom that goes mid 90's with single stock Merc 525?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like a 24 without the bustle. Why so much overhang?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Registered

Word is overhang is only a foot. Sketch is misleading.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watched the boat run Wednesday. Very impressive. The bustle isn't that big at all, the sketch makes it out to be bigger than actual. I have watched this grow from a pencil drawing, to a running prototype, and I am very excited about it. I can assure you that there isn't another boat in this price range that has had this mutch r&d pit into it.

The price point will be well under 200k, so fear not. It handled like a go cart, yet didn't wince when the weather kicked up.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Can't wait to see this beauty, I've been looking forward to seeing this come out for a while now.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Last I was at the factory the boat was running REAL good. I'd be confident to say no-ones ever seen anything like it. As per the question about tweeking. I know OL has been testing the bottom and props significantly, no test dummies there. Awesome design all around.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to seeing this completed for sure!

Raw material production costs these days have been skyrocketing, glass, resin, carbon, all tied to the petrol industry. Based on what I have been seeing over the last 6 months or so, "shopping" (new) custom (west coast) sport cats in the 26' - 29' range w/ a single 525, this is very competitive price-wise, and slightly better performance wise. Price-wise - in the same $160k - $180k range - the west coast boats measured a bit shorter (real boat), and performance wise, they were in the mid to high 80's with the same hp. In addition, this OL adds a number of enhanced construction techniques borrowed from their bigger boats that the rest don't. I think if this comes in as-suspected on both performance and price, (and no reason it shouldn't) OL will once again be filling a nice niche in the market for themselves. Kudos to them for continuing to think outside the box and deliver cutting edge products and customer service.

FWIW - to put it in a more familiar perspective, a production 292 Formula is going to run $200k (less any discount) with 2x 350 mags, that's a slight apples-n-oranges comparison but gives some perspective.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by patyacht
So help me out here, who makes a 28' V Bottom that goes mid 90's with single stock Merc 525?
Tuff

http://www.tuffmarine.com/Boat_Pages...28_inboard.htm
Old 05-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Looking forward to seeing this completed for sure!

Raw material production costs these days have been skyrocketing, glass, resin, carbon, all tied to the petrol industry. Based on what I have been seeing over the last 6 months or so, "shopping" (new) custom (west coast) sport cats in the 26' - 29' range w/ a single 525, this is very competitive price-wise, and slightly better performance wise. Price-wise - in the same $160k - $180k range - the west coast boats measured a bit shorter (real boat), and performance wise, they were in the mid to high 80's with the same hp. In addition, this OL adds a number of enhanced construction techniques borrowed from their bigger boats that the rest don't. I think if this comes in as-suspected on both performance and price, (and no reason it shouldn't) OL will once again be filling a nice niche in the market for themselves. Kudos to them for continuing to think outside the box and deliver cutting edge products and customer service.

FWIW - to put it in a more familiar perspective, a production 292 Formula is going to run $200k (less any discount) with 2x 350 mags, that's a slight apples-n-oranges comparison but gives some perspective.
I see how you got your screen name now..... your math makes sense to me.

I believe they've stated the West Coast is a "target market" for them, and this boat sounds like it's perfect competition for the pod cats out there, but probably a lot easier to insure.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Fred, has there been any mention if the boat can be fitted with a pair of small blocks. Thanks Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.