Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fun Run in Holland Last Night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25452-fun-run-holland-last-night.html)

MitchStellin 05-30-2002 09:50 AM

Fun Run in Holland Last Night

We had our first Fun Run last night. Waterfoul,Rambuncous (sp) 26scarab, Lord (James) Myself and 25 other people made a run to Saugatuck for burgers. The lake was calm and the air was warm. The water was 56 so we did not go in.:eek: Shrinkage and all you know. :eek: :eek: :D What a great time. We do this once a month so if you are close E-Mail me and we will let you know the next one. All are welcome and there is always room if you are boatless. It sure is nice to finally have boating weather here.:D Hope I did not miss anyone. If I did just let me know.

traviss 05-30-2002 10:16 AM

Sounds like a good time.. Whats the word on Fouls motor? any idea?

Travis

Milord 05-30-2002 12:15 PM

Good meeting everyone last night as well. The run was great. The weather turned out awesome and the scenery was beautiful. Thanks for making my first trip to Lake Michigan great guys. I can't wait to come back again, but for longer next time. I'll post some pics when I get them on my pc.

Rambunctious 05-30-2002 01:18 PM

Yea Milord, thanks for you and 26Scarab making the 4 hr drive across the state to Whoop our butts!!!!! 26scarab's "scarab " smokes!!!!! left me like I was standing still. There's only one thing better than a big lumpy idle out dry exhaust. ;)

too bad we didn't have bigger swells to air it out a little. next time, trust me.. it's lake Michigan

Great meeting you guys. look forward to your return to watch the Smoke on the water... right?

and GET THOSE PICS UP!!!

BTW Mike (waterfoul) got the new monthly traveling "Gilligan" award for being a Gilligan more than a skipper lately on our fun runs. we'll see if he retains it next month.:D

Rambunctious

BTJ88 05-30-2002 02:38 PM

Sounds like fun.
Put me on your list.

Although I'm still shopping for a new boat - I hopefully will have made a purchase by the next one. Otherwise I could take over for Waterfoul as Gilligan.

I will be at SOTW with or without boat. (probably the later:( )

Brian

26scarab 05-30-2002 09:19 PM

Hey Guys, I just found this post !

I had a great time last night, always fun boating in new waters.
It was really nice putting faces to the names . I hope on doing it again sometime, hopefully we can get some bigger water though :D

The drive back wasn't so bad , except for my copilot fell asleep before we made it to Lansing ! I think I walked into the house around 2:00 am.

Red Stripe 05-31-2002 02:21 AM

Dang, I missed the first one of the year:( Oh well, the Baja still has yet to be splashed this year. This weekend though for sure!! I just have to go out and renew the tags:rolleyes:
Keep me posted on the upcoming runs!! Sounds like this is the one that I should have came to with the water being calm and all!!

:D :D

Rambunctious 05-31-2002 07:05 AM

Milord!!

we'll have our snail mail pictures back before you develop those digital ones;)

jafo 05-31-2002 07:18 AM

Let me know when you guys are going to do this again- my boat is in Holland and I'd like to hook up with you next time!
Jim

Milord 05-31-2002 08:11 AM

Rob, I finally got back home last night fairly late. I looked at all the pics, they turned out pretty good. I did however not have a chance to burn them to bring them to work. I have pile-up internet access at home so I need them here to post them. I promise they'll go up Monday! :D