Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area >

Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area

Notices

Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area

Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Blue not illegal at LOTO; every dock has blue marker lights; they're everywhere.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 588 Likes on 270 Posts

I was told to change my Blue lights on the dock at Grand. I just laughe and said suure! Not till they write me up and then its going to court.
Didnt have my underwaters on at the time.
But they are BRIGHT mofos out of the water!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Blue not illegal at LOTO; every dock has blue marker lights; they're everywhere.
And they make it VERY difficult to see Osage Beach airport at night because guess what color taxi way lights are? Blue.
It doesn't help the issue when the airport's pilot controlled lighting goes out on ya.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one

au contraire, I got a ticket 2 years ago around Osage Beach area that says otherwise! I can also tell you that they'll pound you at Mead, Havasu, and they REALLY crack down in California. I've never been messed with back in Oklahoma though. I even had one guy here ask me how I got the blue lights in my tower speakers on my tow boat. Usually I cruise that particular boat with the tower speaker lights off and my under platform lights are tied in separately to my courtesy lights, just to avoid police issues. I can't remember the law, but I believe blue is a color designated by the coasties for emergency vessels only.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

I pulled up one of my old tickets.... And the research I had done. Here was the Cali law.... I'm still looking for the coasti regulation on it.... Most states have a similar law to the Cali one.

California Harbors and Navigation Code 650-674

652.5. (a) The use of a distinctive blue light as prescribed by the department is reserved for law enforcement vessels and may be displayed during the day or night whenever the vessel may be engaged in direct law enforcement activities, including, but not limited to, those activities specified in subdivision (a) of Section 663.7, where identification of a law enforcement vessel is desirable or where necessary for safety reasons.
(b) That light when used shall be in addition to prescribed lights and day signals required by law.
(c) The display of such blue lights on vessels for other purposes is prohibited.
(d) Any vessel approaching, overtaking, being approached, or being overtaken by a moving law enforcement vessel operating with a siren or an illuminated blue light, or any vessel approaching a stationary law enforcement vessel displaying an illuminated blue light, shall immediately slow to a speed sufficient to maintain steerage only, shall alter its course, within its ability, so as not to inhibit or interfere with the operation of the law enforcement vessel, and shall proceed, unless otherwise directed by the operator of the law enforcement vessel, at the reduced speed until beyond the area of operation of the law enforcement vessel.
(e) The operator of every cable ferry shall take whatever reasonable action is necessary to provide a clear course for any law enforcement vessel operating with a siren or an illuminated blue light, or both.

Last edited by Tigeman; 05-31-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tigeman
I pulled up one of my old tickets.... And the research I had done. Here was the Cali law.... I'm still looking for the coasti regulation on it.... Most states have a similar law to the Cali one.

652.5. (a) The use of a distinctive blue light as prescribed by the department is reserved for law enforcement vessels and may be displayed during the day or night whenever the vessel may be engaged in direct law enforcement activities, including, but not limited to, those activities specified in subdivision (a) of Section 663.7, where identification of a law enforcement vessel is desirable or where necessary for safety reasons.
(b) That light when used shall be in addition to prescribed lights and day signals required by law.
(c) The display of such blue lights on vessels for other purposes is prohibited.
(d) Any vessel approaching, overtaking, being approached, or being overtaken by a moving law enforcement vessel operating with a siren or an illuminated blue light, or any vessel approaching a stationary law enforcement vessel displaying an illuminated blue light, shall immediately slow to a speed sufficient to maintain steerage only, shall alter its course, within its ability, so as not to inhibit or interfere with the operation of the law enforcement vessel, and shall proceed, unless otherwise directed by the operator of the law enforcement vessel, at the reduced speed until beyond the area of operation of the law enforcement vessel.
(e) The operator of every cable ferry shall take whatever reasonable action is necessary to provide a clear course for any law enforcement vessel operating with a siren or an illuminated blue light, or both.
Having a light underwater is not what I would call "displaying" a light.
Registered

Registered

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Registered

I argued the same point. Lake patrol didn't wanna listen, of course I think he was upset he couldn't get me for a BUI as I had none in my system. I didn't get the chance to argue it in front of a judge either as I was out of town. Luckily it was a "fix it" ticket
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
I was told to change my Blue lights on the dock at Grand. I just laughe and said suure! Not till they write me up and then its going to court.
Didnt have my underwaters on at the time.
But they are BRIGHT mofos out of the water!
What lights are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.