new boat anxiety. is it normal?

Notices

new boat anxiety. is it normal?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new boat anxiety. is it normal?

long story short ive found another boat and im gonna buy it but im having some anxiety about parting with mine.

im replacing it with another concord but a newer and nicer one that is open bow and will accomodate the growing family.
i love my current boat but we do need the extra room. i just finished restoring my current boat and finally have it the way i want but i cant turn down the deal on this newer boat, but i cant afford to keep both. my 2 year old son is in love with our current boat and told his mother he wants to keep it but i know once he sees the new one he will be equally excited about it. plus i will be parting with my first boat that i could call my own once i get this new one. am i being weird or is this normal for guys that have a passion for boats?

i guess what im trying to say is that i love my boat and will hate to see it go but i know in the long run i will be better off with a newer, nicer, roomier boat, but im really gonna hate to see mine go

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 07-28-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not felt that way with a boat yet, but I do get that way when I sell a car I restored. Most recent was a 63 Impala vert. Many long nights spent working on it. Could not sleep the night before I delivered it.
My current boat has been an epic 2-1/2 year complete rebuild. So when its time to sell, I'll see what happens.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ckin62
I have not felt that way with a boat yet, but I do get that way when I sell a car I restored. Most recent was a 63 Impala vert. Many long nights spent working on it. Could not sleep the night before I delivered it.
My current boat has been an epic 2-1/2 year complete rebuild. So when its time to sell, I'll see what happens.
glad im not alone, thanks for the input, much appreciated
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
long story short ive found another boat and im gonna buy it but im having some anxiety about parting with mine.

im replacing it with another concord but a newer and nicer one that is open bow and will accomodate the growing family.
i love my current boat but we do need the extra room. i just finished restoring my current boat and finally have it the way i want but i cant turn down the deal on this newer boat, but i cant afford to keep both. my 2 year old son is in love with our current boat and told his mother he wants to keep it but i know once he sees the new one he will be equally excited about it. plus i will be parting with my first boat that i could call my own once i get this new one. am i being weird or is this normal for guys that have a passion for boats?

i guess what im trying to say is that i love my boat and will hate to see it go but i know in the long run i will be better off with a newer, nicer, roomier boat, but im really gonna hate to see mine go
Your weird!

A happy family = a happy guy. The bigger boat is a good move.

I have a buddy looking for a clean Concord. If you are selling it PM me some info on it and your "asking" price.