Like Tree0Likes

An invitation to serious OSO boaters to join me in the USVI and BVI next season

Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

My Boats: 30' & 24' Contenders

I live in the BVI and have done the run for the past five years. I'm also willing to offer any assistance I can from this end for any one interested in coming next season.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me. I also live in BVI and would be happy to assist. This year was my second year doing the run (first time on my own boat). It's a great event. Would love to see some more mainland boats participating.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: 37 Scorpion
Default St.Thomas Stop.

Bob,

What's the possibility of including St.Thomas as one of the stops on next Year's Poker Run? one idea could be Yacht Haven Grande, then head back up to Norman?

Also if anyone needs help with St.Thomas Logistics, I'm willing to assist.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 33 Powerplay Sport Deck

Problem with that would be that everyone will have to clear customs for that one stop in St. Thomas. That would take hours.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilderoy View Post
Bob,

What's the possibility of including St.Thomas as one of the stops on next Year's Poker Run? one idea could be Yacht Haven Grande, then head back up to Norman?

Also if anyone needs help with St.Thomas Logistics, I'm willing to assist.
Turbo is right about the Customs thing. Too much hassle. Here is what I would suggest. I think the USVI should also organize not only their own poker run that BVI'ers would likely come over and join in on but I would like to see you guys organize an offshore boat club. A few of us got together 5 years ago and formed Ft Myers Offshore ( FMO ) and our club has grown to about 140 members with over 50 boats. We do 6 fun runs a year in season. Membership fees are very low but we manage to raise between $ 10 and $ 20,000 per year for our charity. It is very social with many club members becoming very close friends and I can go on and on with all the benefits. It takes someone to step up tho to make it happen. If I can help with a bit of advise etc. I am happy to do so.
Bob
Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Formula Fastech 353 (Acceleration)
Default BVI trip

I would like to hear a bit more on the shipping procedure. Is the boat and trailer lifted aboard and lashed to an open deck or is it secured inside a container box?? I could get seriously interested in this plan. Imagine...our Texas flag proudly displayed in the BVI....Who'd a thunk it!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrydet View Post
I would like to hear a bit more on the shipping procedure. Is the boat and trailer lifted aboard and lashed to an open deck or is it secured inside a container box?? I could get seriously interested in this plan. Imagine...our Texas flag proudly displayed in the BVI....Who'd a thunk it!!!
Not in containers. These were a couple of the small roll on / off ships in the harbor at St Thomas. It is my understanding that these smaller ships travel between San Juan, PR and St Thomas as the larger ships running between Ft Lauderdale / Jacksonville and San Juan are too big to get into the harbor at St Thomas. Cargo is transferred in San Juan. I know they leave Ft Lauderdale on Monday's and cargo is available after offloading the following Monday in St Thomas so it takes a week. Shrink wrap would be a good idea.
Attached Thumbnails
An invitation to serious OSO boaters to join me in the USVI and BVI next season-p1020096.jpg   An invitation to serious OSO boaters to join me in the USVI and BVI next season-p1020097.jpg   An invitation to serious OSO boaters to join me in the USVI and BVI next season-p1020092.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-03-2011 at 11:22 PM.