Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Magazine Down and Out? Not just yet... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255044-powerboat-magazine-down-out-not-just-yet.html)

thisistank 06-03-2011 01:20 PM

Powerboat Magazine Down and Out? Not just yet...

Received a call today about some heavy push to keep the magazine afloat, not just in its old capacity but with the intentions of upping the format, the content and the issue amount. Potentially great news to hear about the rescue of an icon in the industry.

The caller wished to remain anonymous at this time, but expressed a 100% commitment and goal of getting the magazine up and running with Bonnier or buying the name from them. A meeting is to take place next week to work out details.

I will say this, under new “management” the magazine’s potential to meet readers demands and needs (addressing complaints) will be in a better place than under the old corporate regime.

The future has a glimmer of hope for a once great publication. And that should be good news to those that have been readers of any of the past 40+ years of publication. When I hear more, I’ll let you know.

Strip Poker 388 06-03-2011 01:23 PM

Thats good to hear.Best of luck to them.:drink:

RICHARD CUNY 06-03-2011 01:47 PM

Most of us read it cover to cover as soon as we get it sure hope the best for them.
Rich

fountainfan42 06-03-2011 03:10 PM

didn't all the employees get there walkin papers & clean out there desks ?

GB 06-03-2011 03:25 PM

Hopefully, good news for the rag. I subscribed for years up until the early 90's when it seemed 80% + went to just advertising.

BDiggity 06-03-2011 03:34 PM

Did you check the caller id to see if it originated from St Louis? :party-smiley-004:

thisistank 06-03-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by fountainfan42 (Post 3419660)
didn't all the employees get there walkin papers & clean out there desks ?

Most employee's were free-lancers like photographer Rob Brown and writer Matt Trulio. Some staff stayed with Affinity and Jason Johnson (the editor) got his papers.

No problem to put a commited team back together. the employee's of the magazine itself are highly commited to the success of the magazine for the better of our community and for the love of this sport.

mikes280 06-03-2011 07:51 PM

got my last one this past Saturday and i have not even looked at it yet because i knew it was my last and when i was done that would be it . I hope you are right i have been taking the mag sense 1981 and i hate to see it go.

VtSteve 06-03-2011 08:16 PM

Combine TBM with it, or keep it just the same. It has a very large and loyal following as well.

skater40 06-03-2011 08:27 PM

That is great news.I wish them the best.