Outerlimits "no disipline" >

Outerlimits "no disipline"

Notices

Outerlimits "no disipline"

Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
Correct- but we all have a responsibility to all our fellow boaters to not put anybody in jeopardy. Last week in the Keys I saw a boater doing 80+ blow by a boat doing 30 in the channel enterance, missing him by approx 5 feet and getting them wet with the rooster tail- unfortunately for him, so did the Coast Guard. Don't know what they cited him for, but he def got a ticket, probably for unsafe operation. We all share the link of loving to be on the water, a little common sense can go a long ways. Imagine how you would feel if one of those dumbas$ jet skiers wandering into your way when youre running full speed past them? Whether you had the right of way or not, be a tough thing to live with if you kill somebody because youre in a hurry to get somewhere.
This is not even close. If the guys with the "big loud performance boats" endanger or are perceived to endanger others we all will pay with further restrictions. Well Put Scott.
Steve
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I ALWAYS say...... some people may have enough money to buy anything they want but unfortunately you CAN'T buy common sense!
Quite often it's the "elite" who feel they are above the law cause a tragedy and buy their way out leaving the average person to suffer the lifelong consequenses. Sure they guy with the 1.2 million dollar boat has every right to go where he want's but maybe should take a boaters safety class. p:
Old 06-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Boat is a 39 Outerlimits that we sold from the factory. The owner keeps the boat at Al Grovers marina.
I thought "No Discipline" was a 42' ? No?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cubicinches
I thought "No Discipline" was a 42' ? No?
There's been a 37,39,42, and 46 No Discipline Outerlimits. Here's a pic of the boat going slow through a no wake zone yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits "no disipline"-img956183.jpg  
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
There's been a 37,39,42, and 46 No Discipline Outerlimits. Here's a pic of the boat going slow through a no wake zone yesterday.
Ah... Thanks for the clarification. A customer of mine looked at the 42 a few years back, I believe it was in Virginia? I think it was about a 2000, and had Merc 800SC's at the time.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cubicinches
Ah... Thanks for the clarification. A customer of mine looked at the 42 a few years back, I believe it was in Virginia? I think it was about a 2000, and had Merc 800SC's at the time.
North Carolina at the time and originally from NJ. It is now down in the Islands somewhere with the plan to hang outboards on it.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
Correct- but we all have a responsibility to all our fellow boaters to not put anybody in jeopardy. Last week in the Keys I saw a boater doing 80+ blow by a boat doing 30 in the channel enterance, missing him by approx 5 feet and getting them wet with the rooster tail- unfortunately for him, so did the Coast Guard. Don't know what they cited him for, but he def got a ticket, probably for unsafe operation. We all share the link of loving to be on the water, a little common sense can go a long ways. Imagine how you would feel if one of those dumbas$ jet skiers wandering into your way when youre running full speed past them? Whether you had the right of way or not, be a tough thing to live with if you kill somebody because youre in a hurry to get somewhere.
wheres the "Like" button!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

I agree with scott. Its amazing the lack of common sense people have. But in the drivers eyes what he was doing made all the sense in the world to him. Thats the problem. Some people are just wired differently. They dont learn till something happens.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SPEEDFREEK
Like I ALWAYS say...... some people may have enough money to buy anything they want but unfortunately you CAN'T buy common sense!
Quite often it's the "elite" who feel they are above the law cause a tragedy and buy their way out leaving the average person to suffer the lifelong consequenses. Sure they guy with the 1.2 million dollar boat has every right to go where he want's but maybe should take a boaters safety class. p:
99% of the the performance boat owners that I have met are responsible operators who have taken the time to learn the safe operation of their equipment. This perception that many speedboat owners have more money than brains, or feel that they are above the law, bugs me. Let's face it- money doesn't fall out of the sky anymore so if you are still able to own, maintain, and operate one of these boats today chances are that you have a head on your shoulders and have been successful in many aspects of your life.

I don't know anything about the specific situation, or boat, being discussed here. I do know that there is a way to go fast safely, and just because you are going fast does not automatically mean that you are doing anything wrong despite what the bitter sailboaters want to believe. Sure, we have a duty to be careful in crowded areas and go slow when necessary. But, jet skiers and guys in little flats boats have just as much of an obligation to adhere to the rules of the road and avoid us just as we try to avoid them. I know that they think that they are in the right and I'm in the the wrong just because my boat is bigger, or loader, or faster, so they can do whatever they want, but that just isn't the case.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

remember this..Sad..lets not have this happen EVER again..be safe all!!!

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357447&page=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.