Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits "no disipline" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255148-outerlimits-no-disipline.html)

quicklt1 06-05-2011 07:35 AM

Outerlimits "no disipline"

Running around the Freeport area...Beautiful boat but maybe you should go offshore you have the boat for it ..lots of kids on jetskis and people taking
it easy in the inside channels..really dont need you flying around like an ass:coolcowboy:..be careful dude...

Baja555 06-05-2011 08:02 AM

he has just as much right as you do to go where he wants..

Protech 06-05-2011 08:17 AM

Wonder if that's the same boat from toms river he lived down the street from me. Nice boat always watched it go down the bay. Maybe he sold it?

GoFastScott 06-05-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3420546)
he has just as much right as you do to go where he wants..

Correct- but we all have a responsibility to all our fellow boaters to not put anybody in jeopardy. Last week in the Keys I saw a boater doing 80+ blow by a boat doing 30 in the channel enterance, missing him by approx 5 feet and getting them wet with the rooster tail- unfortunately for him, so did the Coast Guard. Don't know what they cited him for, but he def got a ticket, probably for unsafe operation. We all share the link of loving to be on the water, a little common sense can go a long ways. Imagine how you would feel if one of those dumbas$ jet skiers wandering into your way when youre running full speed past them? Whether you had the right of way or not, be a tough thing to live with if you kill somebody because youre in a hurry to get somewhere.

quicklt1 06-05-2011 08:33 AM

Thank you GOFASTSCOTT, you get it..

fountainfan42 06-05-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Baja555;3420546[B
]he has just as much right as you do to go where he wants[/B]..

absolutely & beautiful boat as well

1MOSES1 06-05-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by GoFastScott (Post 3420568)
Correct- but we all have a responsibility to all our fellow boaters to not put anybody in jeopardy. Last week in the Keys I saw a boater doing 80+ blow by a boat doing 30 in the channel enterance, missing him by approx 5 feet and getting them wet with the rooster tail- unfortunately for him, so did the Coast Guard. Don't know what they cited him for, but he def got a ticket, probably for unsafe operation. We all share the link of loving to be on the water, a little common sense can go a long ways. Imagine how you would feel if one of those dumbas$ jet skiers wandering into your way when youre running full speed past them? Whether you had the right of way or not, be a tough thing to live with if you kill somebody because youre in a hurry to get somewhere.

agreed

OL40SVX 06-05-2011 08:44 AM

Boat is a 39 Outerlimits that we sold from the factory. The owner keeps the boat at Al Grovers marina.

Catmando 06-05-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by GoFastScott (Post 3420568)

Well said!

ryder638 06-05-2011 09:07 AM

its a beautiful boat i've seen it many times every time it seemed very much under control and safe. it is possible to go fast and still be safe. As far as kids on jetskis they should stay on a specific heading not zig zagging their way threw channels, thats unsafe. people taking it easy should stay to the right just like on a highway this makes it safe to over take them at high speeds. im sure from the captains vantage point his pass was safely executed or else he would not of done it, period.