Your state could be next!!! >

Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your state could be next!!!

So a few months ago OK passed our new BUI law. We had always been .1 on the water and .08 on the road. I have zero problem with boating regulations being on par with vehicle limits. While I may not like the .08 opposed to the .1, I see the merits and won't raise hell about it. That said it's what they snuck in with the law that's totally F'd up!

You can now receive a BUI even if anchored. So if your in a house boat, or a boat w/ a cabin and planning on staying the night you can receive a BUI. If your anchored up, and playing hanky panky w/ the misses down below, and your both liquored up.... yep BUI. In addition, your passengers can now receive one as well. The passenger stipulation was wrote to keep people from saying, well, I'm not driving, he is....then that guy saying no, he is. Etc. etc. But it's so open ended that if you get a prick lake patrol (and we all know that guy).... then even your passengers are screwed.

Well the anchored up provision got a friend of mine this weekend. We were anchored up in a cove at Grand this weekend on a houseboat. We had been there since Friday and had 2 other boats tied up for runabout purposes. Well sat afternoon water patrol came up and tells us he's coming aboard for a safety check. Everything is good there but he asks the capt of the houseboat to submit to a sobriety test. Of course he says what for? We're not driving and we're anchored up and inside not outside. He says that doesn't matter now. Doc refuses and patrolman tells him he's under arrest for suspicion of BUI. So I began to question the patrolman about the validity since we're anchored and obviously staying the night there. His backup who recently arrived tells me to sit "my ass down" and shut up before I get a BUI too. Of course I'm kind of offended as my boats tied up outside and I'm going nowhere. I mention that, he tells us it no longer matters. So I sit down and shut up while we try and keep the kids calm as they're crying as dad gets hauled off for drinking a few beers on his "residence" for the weekend. I had seen the details of this law a while back and tried to fight it, but none of our legislators would fight it for fear of the backlash. I never thought the lake patrol here would push the passenger and anchored up issues, as most the guys I've met are pretty cool. Well apparently I was wrong.

The same person who wrote this legislation is now pushing through a 55mph speed limit on all state lakes. So batten down the hatches boys, as there's a **** storm coming our way!

Last edited by Tigeman; 06-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

In florida if your in a speed boat you get pulled over all the time! That's why I taught my wife how to run my boat . Thank god she don't drink and don't care if I do. If your really runing you shouldn't be drinking any way. I seen to many people get hurt or killed. It just isn't worth it . I hope everybody has a safe boating season.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

I agree with u and could understand if they saw one of us leave an come back. But hell no one had left since 6:30 that morning when they went out on one of my boats for some wakeboarding sets. Two of the ladies were sober is the sad thing. It's sad when you have people being responsible and staying put, yet they screw with them. Go screw with the jet skiers trying to jump every boats wake and getting right on their butts.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Nazi's

Water cops are getting heavier everywhere, they see revenue and when someone is seen who has worked hard and made sacrifices and commitments to get where they are in life today and is able to participate in this sport at no matter what level, they dont like it. Besides it much easier to screw around with someone who will have to pay the fine than it is a crack head or heroin addict where there will be little or no revenue gained. Real crooks shoot back! and that is way too difficult for these piece of crap individuals on these water patrols! I'm fed up as well,whether you drink or not these loosers hassel you anyway, not to mention most have no bussiness being a coxswain of a vessel. I doubt any of them have a ***k! Anyone remember this from WWII movies? "HALT! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS"! oh and by the way blow in this tube as well. Perhaps they should go blow thier partner!......................................Rjr. ........................
Old 06-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Are you talking about Grand Lake in Oklahoma?If so the Carver we are usually on will have atarget on it. This changes everything!!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

Yep
Old 06-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Oh man, that would suck. Every single boat I know down here has booze on it. Not that anyone drinks and then leaves but we sure tie up and stay weekends.

Sounds like a lot boats are about to be for sale up there.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

It's more about the money than safety!$$$$$$
Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

As far as I'm concerned the DUI or D.D. for auto, boat and anything else that moves should be the same throught the USA.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Dont take the cop's word for it, find the law in writing

Last edited by rexcramer1; 06-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.