Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Your state could be next!!! >

Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound like a punks comment to some... with that being said. F all those patrol cops. I've encountered very few that are gentleman. The lump of them are roosters!
Prob trying to be a ' big boss man ' because deep down he knows he'll work his hole life and never be able to afford the houseboat he's on. But for that hour.... he's the Capt of that big beautiful boat.
I'd have taken my bui and added a assault and battery for fun!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

just a thought here , what if your having a party at the dock and most have had a few ? still get the BUI .
Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rexcramer1
Dont take the cop's word for it, find the law in wiriting
I've read it, and know he was right which is why I shut up. Like I said, me and a few other boaters here tried to shut this thing down before it passed. The author has tried to push it through since 08' with little success. MADD Finally got involved and it went through almost instantly. No one wanted to go against them.

And salami, no your fine there, but ur opening yourself up to a public intoxicating in that situation. The law says you have to be in the boat rather at anchor or underway. And all parties with access to control of the vessel are responsible. That's not an exact quote btw. If your on shore or in the water, your safe. It's essentially an APC but for boats.

Last edited by Tigeman; 06-05-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a few guys that have left bars, climbed into the back of their cars to sleep it off because they have no place else to go. They got DUI's even though the keys were out of the ignition and they were in the back seat. To the best of my knowledge they all got off but it cost them a good chunk of change with the lawers.....
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are loosing our rights,That is not right!!!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I know a few guys that have left bars, climbed into the back of their cars to sleep it off because they have no place else to go. They got DUI's even though the keys were out of the ignition and they were in the back seat. To the best of my knowledge they all got off but it cost them a good chunk of change with the lawers.....
In Oklahoma they made a regulation a while back called an APC (actual physical control) to keep people from getting out of it. I think most states have the APC law now, or something similar. The penalties are identical to a DUI they just changed the name due to public outrage.

Actually the APC law is how this new law is written that allows them to get your passengers as well.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

That law is a phucking crock and so is MADD. Those people (OK water patrol and MADD) seriously need to get a life and move on. Cry me a phucking river
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
This may sound like a punks comment to some... with that being said. F all those patrol cops. I've encountered very few that are gentleman. The lump of them are roosters!
Prob trying to be a ' big boss man ' because deep down he knows he'll work his hole life and never be able to afford the houseboat he's on. But for that hour.... he's the Capt of that big beautiful boat.
I'd have taken my bui and added a assault and battery for fun!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Guess we need to spread the word, whoever's not drinking is the captain for the day! I never figured the lake patrol at Grand would push the issue. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited by powercat; 06-05-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Problem is no one does anything about it, people let small stuff go by and dont realize that you give the law an inch and they will stick their whole foot up your behind.. Until the people rise up and take back this country nothing will change and it can only get worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.