Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
The problem is you have the law, then you have how the police interpret the law and then how the citizens interpret the law. Are some laws BS, sure. Are some cops bad cops, sure. Are there people out there doing the right and wrong thing YUP!! All the stories you mentioned above are always the type that somebody heard it from a friend. In all my years I have never been pestered by the police not once. I have never seen somebody hauled away just for having a fun time. More times than not I have seen people work themselves into an arrest, which if they would have stayed normal would have been fine. Problem is a lot of people dont like to be questioned by the police as soon as they do they get defensive. I'll go back to what I have said before, if you do the right thing 99.9 out of 100 you will have no issues. I have lived in MI, NY, OK, and VA, and have had performance cars and a boat just about in every state and have drank in every state, and have never had an issue, but then again I dont push it, if I drink I dont drive its simple. And the people that are getting into trouble probably deserve it majority of the time, theyre the ones with loud music, people doing dumb things around and in the boat, of course there going to get checked out.

I firmly beleive this law in OK is to avoid the officers pulling up to a boat where everybody is drunk and everybody says they arent the driver. And yes you can say the cops cant prove they arent staying there for the night. But you dang well know those people are going to drive home later. It's wrong to arrest somebody before the act of crime occurs, but yet why wait till that person crashes into somebody and damages property or kills somebody? Personally the law is probably overboard, but I can see why its there. Personally if I was a cop I would just watch you wait till you fired it up then hammer your ace hard.
What happened over the weekend? Your daddy smack a lil sense into ya? Looks like your position has changed to almost reasonable? ??
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wesmax
This is to the originator of this post. Please feel free to contact Josh Lee at [email protected] . He would like to speak to you aout representation. He handles mostly DUI cases. This law doesnt come into effect until August. I'm with a few others here thinking there is more to the story than what were hearing. Irregardless, if you need representation, HES YOUR MAN!!!!
And as a boater himself, I would love to see his take on this after court... he is THE dui guru in the area...

I just feel theres more to the story. Im sure itll make light or fall off the top here soon..
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good quote, and lawyers are useful, and just like anything there are good and bad ones out there. They can be worth their weight in gold. The problem with our legal system is it has turned into a money based one. The DA's and public defenders of the world are concerned with getting as many convictions as they can without going to court with plea bargaining, which don't get me wrong is not a bad thing all the time. Then private attorneys want to hit every since technicality they can to get off you, which then they can charge you big bucks. Funny this is that lawyer plays golf with the DA and already knows that what kind of deal he can get for that crime. The biggest problem with society is lawyers have created a sue happy society. People sue just to sue, it's rediculous, it ends up clogging our legal system up and costing tax payers money.
Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance of how the system works, yet again. Your first two sentences are correct. After that you go back to praddling on about things of which you are completely clueless.

I don't play golf. I don't hang out with prosecutors. And, you might look into those "technicalities" you keep mentioning. You can start by looking here: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html If I don't make the government(s) observe your rights, who will? Yes, I am privately retained, and I am paid very well, but that is because I do my job well.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance of how the system works, yet again. Your first two sentences are correct. After that you go back to praddling on about things of which you are completely clueless.

I don't play golf. I don't hang out with prosecutors. And, you might look into those "technicalities" you keep mentioning. You can start by looking here: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html If I don't make the government(s) observe your rights, who will? Yes, I am privately retained, and I am paid very well, but that is because I do my job well.
Golfing with the Prosecutor, that cracks me up. If I ever get jammed up in Louisiana I am calling you for help.

I like your choice of boat too, knew we more in common that being lawyers. I would drink beer with a Prosecutor (if invited), but that never has happened, so golf is definitely out of the question. Funny how the general public perceives what lawyers do and how we get it done.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Default Know your rights. They can save your butt!

I, like every sane person, do not advocate operating a boat, car or anything that may cause danger to one self, property and most particularly to others while under the influence of any mind or ability altering substance. However, with regard to an officer of the law boarding your boat, if you are below deck out of plain sight and/or doors are closed, the water cop better have a warrant to enter your qualified "Second Home"! I have gone through this with an RV while camping in a CA state park. I asked the Ranger what he wanted and I did not get a clear or reasonable answer. We were playing poker and drinking beer and wine. Nobody was intoxicated. I could have been more cooperative, but I didn't like the park Nazi attitude and we were technically gambling in CA, so I refused to open the door. We had a discussion through the door and the calmer that I spoke the more the Ranger yelled and made threats. Nevertheless, I stood fast, refused to open the door and told him that if he wanted to enter he needed a court order to enter with specific cause. The crowd that gathered was quite amused and the Ranger was sizzling pissed. But the Ranger did leave with an empty truck and did not return.

"Probable Cause" is not a state regulation. A search warrant is needed anywhere in the US of A or within the jurisdiction of the US of A without probable cause or in the heat of pursuit. If you are in plain sight, well that is a different situation. However behind closed doors or below deck out of plain sight while in your "Second Home"? No warrant = No search-No seizure of property-No arrest. Know your rights. They can save your butt!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

I really don't give a fukk about this thread anymore, but I'm addicted !! I love seeing fount0442 get verbally dismantled !! I myself love to argue if I'm right.... but would I argue law with multiple seemingly successful lawyers? ? HELL NO.

please fount0442 keep fighting ! Its great.

Once your done I know of a great forum where you can debate physics with physicists then math with a mathematician ...

C where I'm headed?

Keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Golfing with the Prosecutor, that cracks me up. If I ever get jammed up in Louisiana I am calling you for help.

I like your choice of boat too, knew we more in common that being lawyers. I would drink beer with a Prosecutor (if invited), but that never has happened, so golf is definitely out of the question. Funny how the general public perceives what lawyers do and how we get it done.
The Fountain "yoot" has watched Cousin Vinnie while stationed in those places so he knows it all. He really needs to step back and take his seat.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 06-13-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Golfing with the Prosecutor, that cracks me up.
Heck - I don't know many that can afford to golf! LOL
Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered

And if you are lawyer and are not at least aquaintences with the your DA, then your not a very good one.
So you WANT a lawyer that is friends with the prosecutor? Is he going to be on your side or his friend's side? Who's interest is that lawyer looking out for? I can assure you I can come to your hometown without knowing anyone and get a good result, and generally my result will be better than that guy that is "acquainted" with the DA.

In the state of OK you just better be careful and hope the police aren't bastards.
Finally, you give some accurate advice, but it is true in any state.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

double post - sorry

Last edited by DucBoy; 06-14-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.