Notices

Aero-tek Boats

Old 03-14-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero-tek Boats

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE NO ANYTHING ABOUT AERO-TEK BOATS? WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM? ANY OPPINIONS ON THEIR BOATS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OF YOU EXPERTS SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:36 PM
ScreaminDemon

AeroTek was rockin' in the mid 90's and was "supposedly" a good boat to own. Actually, i believe the quality was really good, BUT, they were robbing peter to pay paul and as things slowed a little, they got really behind and FINALLY closed the doors...screwing a lot of people of of their hard earned money. So the boat may have been good, but there is no resale.

Old 03-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

THANKS SCREAMIN FOR THE INFO. IT'S A SHAME AERO-TEK IS GONE BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY HAD A GOOD LOOKING PRODUCT. DO YOU KNOW WHO THE HULL DESIGNER WAS?
Old 03-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

gofast i always thought they were good looking boats too. they used to pop up now and again in the ohio boat trader, always seem to be reasonably proced to. but i havnt seen any latley. any body know where they were made (state) ?
Old 03-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

GLASSDAVE BACK IN THE MID TO LATE 90'S I RECIEVED AN INFO PACKET WITH SOME GREAT PICS OF THEIR 27 & 29 MODELS. I BELIEVE THEY WERE IN SOUTH FL THEN MAYBE AROUND FT. LAUDERDALEOF IT COULD HAVE BENN MIAMI. I, LIKE YOU LOVED THE LOOK!
Old 03-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

Oh man, what a touchy subject for some people on this board. I think that Activethunder todd got screwed big time from them. I am sure he will chime in with his experience.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO, I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR EXPERTISE AND LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING AGAIN. YOU GUYS HAVE MADE MY FIRST EXPERIENCE ON "THE BOARD" A PLEASURABLE ONE. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!
Old 03-14-2002, 09:31 PM
ScreaminDemon

they were built on the west coast, Sarasota/Ft Meyers area

Old 03-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They where built in Sarasota, and the designer was Bob Zanine.The hull is a Wellcraft Excal.bottom with a notch in the transom,with Bobs deck design,the boat is a great built boat and very fast.The hull is strong,well built and great rigging.They built a 35 that was one the best boat in the line,when i did some testing with the boat in the mid 90's the boat ran 86 mph with a pair of carb. 650's.
They were price reasonable and where a great value for the money at the time,if you can find a clean one at the right price you cant go wrong....
Old 03-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

There is a guy at LOTO that bought a few bare hulls and rigged them himself. I have not seen them up close, but driving by them they look pretty good. They also had a pretty good price on them if I remember right.

Quick Reply: Aero-tek Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.