Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New to speed boats and need some help... >

New to speed boats and need some help...

Notices

New to speed boats and need some help...

Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to speed boats and need some help...

I own a offshore cc boat and a small bass boat and have recently got the cruising/speed boat bug due to tubing in the baton rouge la area (amite river) with my cc boat. Anyway, after looking at many different boats I'm interested in a 1988 baja force 220. It has a 454 with bravo outdrive and through hull exhaust. It needs some tlc, but thats what I'm looking for as I'm not sure how much I'm going to like this style of boating and don't want to jump into a 30K boat to find out its not my thing. I've been looking on the internet trying to find some info on this particular boat, but haven't found much. Is there some where I can go for more info on this boat? Does anyone have any first hand experience with this boat or earlier baja boats?

Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to OSO. Try the Baja section. You should find anything you need there. Guys are always willing to help.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Registered

Ok thanks. I will copy and paste my post to the baja section.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Welcome to OSO. Try the Baja section. You should find anything you need there. Guys are always willing to help.

X2.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

I'm glad to hear it's a heavy duty boat. I don't want something that is going to fall apart. As for fastest boat out I'm sure it won't be, but it will be faster then my offshore boat. I cruise at 30-32 mph on it and I assume this boat will have a faster cruise being it's a 22' boat with a 454.

Thanks for the info and keep it coming.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
I own a offshore cc boat and a small bass boat and have recently got the cruising/speed boat bug due to tubing in the baton rouge la area (amite river) with my cc boat. Anyway, after looking at many different boats I'm interested in a 1988 baja force 220. It has a 454 with bravo outdrive and through hull exhaust. It needs some tlc, but thats what I'm looking for as I'm not sure how much I'm going to like this style of boating and don't want to jump into a 30K boat to find out its not my thing. I've been looking on the internet trying to find some info on this particular boat, but haven't found much. Is there some where I can go for more info on this boat? Does anyone have any first hand experience with this boat or earlier baja boats?

Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.
very good starting speedboat...do not pay 30k...that boat is worth 12-15 at the most with a stock 454. it probably runs 62-65 i would say depending on the prop. probably a mirage 23p
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Mid 60's would be great. It has nice lines and it's a tlc boat. Im going to redo the interior with new chairs and bench seat, gauges, carpet etc. I'm getting it at a great price. Pennies on the dollar of your suggested price so I really can't go wrong I feel. I just want to get it looking more modern. I'm going to take out the wood swim deck and build an alum swim deck. I don't really like the wood hatch to enter the cuddy so I'm planning on finding a way to do away with it.

I went ahead and made the deal so I pick it up in two weeks. Between both parties schedule we can't make it happen any sooner.

Thanks everyone. Feel free to add to any comments.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrat's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Congrats man.... Welcome and enjoy the ride!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the 1989 Baja Force on baja oso site for 1,500 bucks includes trailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.