triple 300 prop set up for 36' concept

Notices

triple 300 prop set up for 36' concept

Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Please do. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works.

Assuming you have some hours under your belt with the current set up, make sure you run the new set up with different weights (people,fuel,beer,etc) before changing back.

My 32 runs better with at least 115 gallons of fuel on board than it does with less fuel on board. I can hold 212 gallons so doesn't bother me at all to top off when getting to 100ish gallons left.
My 32 Concept has some pourpise I need to get out. Got any suggestions? Twin Verados, 4 blade Bravo one's. I know you did alot of set up to yours, thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

BlingBling...this the old HB.com BlingBling? Anyway, how much setback on your Concept? If it porpoises, that usually indicates the CG is too far back. My Scarab gained a porpoise when I moved my twin 565# OMC V8's back 4" to add jackplates. Now I need a shorter setback bracket.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

dynojetresearch - i have a set of 24's coming. i'll let you know what happens.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blingbling
My 32 Concept has some pourpise I need to get out. Got any suggestions? Twin Verados, 4 blade Bravo one's. I know you did alot of set up to yours, thanks in advance.
Are you happy with every thing else: Time to plane? Handling? Top end? Criuse?

Does she bounce before or at or after certain speeds?

I would put the drain plugs in the floor compartments and fill them with water. I can't remember if the long side ones have floor plugs or not, I know they have drains but not sure if you can seal them off or not. I wouldn't worry about them right now either way. Fill the livewell and the fuel tank up as well. Get as heavy as you can get.

Go run it, see what happens.

Then start dumping tanks to shed weight in this order (transom to bow):

livewell (if transom mounted like mine is)
floor compartment right under rear seat
floor compartment between rear seat and bolsters
compartment under the seat at front of console
floor compartment in front of console
compartments under front seats at bow
floor compartment right in front of cabin door

You don't want to carry more weight than you need to around so the less the better, however adding weight in the right places can yeild better results than a lighter boat. Water is 8.24lbs per gallon for the most part.

I'm guessing you can skip the back compartments and go straight to adding weight to the very front floor and under the front seats to see how that works. When I was testing I tried as many combos as I could.

Odds are you are a little back heavy, mine is. I have the 36 helm with 4 batteries under it and my 300XS's are 120lbs each lighter than your Verados. And she is still a little back heavy. Running with fuller fuel tanks worked for me, thinking you may end up with fuller fuel tanks and maybe some weight in the front floor compartment.

Try it and see what happens and then post results and go from there.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

those motors should be turning 6000 rpm, shouldnt they?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to get off subject, but when I seen 36' concept with tripple 300 yammy's I had an idea one of the boats it may be and had to take a look.. Thats Jerry McConnell's old boat he had before ending up with the yellow 36 shortly before he passed..

Anyways I didn't want to get the thread off topic, but just wanted to stop and say great looking boat & I wish you the best... I have no doubt it was maintained well while Jerry had it..
Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

littledcsrodshop - thanks for the compliment and that is what I've heard from many people about Jerry.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bustin Chop
From Fort Myers Fl to New Braunfels Texas. I was interested that boat. Not having a arch and it having trips where my only problems with it. Nice boat though.

Those motors look a little deep & those 26 bravos might be a bit to much? I think you will run faster with 24's and turn the rpm's up closer to where they should be. With trip 300's you should be right over 70 especialy with out the drag of a t-top or radar arch.

For the engne height run a string parallel with the boat bottom and start with the prop center up 1" per foot back from the back of the transom. This should get you within a hole up or down. If the props blow out when turning slightly on plane move one down if not keep them there or try one up.< (usually a bad move and will have to move them back)

I would'nt worry myself to much,.... 68 is fast in a 36 Center Console.

Not a Pro, just my Two Cents...

Last edited by Sheer Insanity; 07-06-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

sheer insanity - thanks, i'll look at that. i am going to try a set of 24's in the off season to see what happens. keep you posted.