Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cats?Spectre or Eliminator >

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Notices

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Old 06-01-2002, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poker run speeds are over a hundred now. Yes the 36 Spectre is acanopy boat and that is the only way to go and speeds over 100. Otto
Old 06-01-2002, 05:42 PM

Fred, Kurt says the boat will be done monday. Got behind due to the race here this weekend. Otto
Old 06-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speed,

Maximus here

I think we met at the last Poker run to Sarasota. You live here in town so you have the advantage of going over to Jay's shop (clearwater) and driving one of his boats. You can also watch in person (as I did) your new baby being born.. that was a very cool experience and that will ultimatley give you understanding of the "attention to detail" Jay puts into his boats. The Spectre's vs Elim question can only be answered by you. Jay gave me a list of details to look at on his boat then encourged me to go look at other boats. I came back with a check in hand... there was no question. Dirt was correct, fewer amenities on the Spectre...less to break...period. Leave the sink's and stoves at home. You'll find it's actually a pleasure not having to play Molly Maid after having fun ripping around at a hundred all day.

Look.. we boat in some tough conditions around here that run through Tampa Bay can be brutal. Choose wisely...I did.

Maximus

Spectre's record speaks for itself:

Two Back to Back SBI World Champions
APBA kilo Record (36-112.9)
Numerous World Champs in the 30ft
Power Boat Magazine product excellence Awards 1997-1998

One last thought. Should you need help with your boat service wise wouldn't it be nice to know the factory is 10 min from your house (not 3600mi) and you have the owners cell number. We spectre boys are a close nit crew...come join us.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Registered

Default ruf ruf

Otto you are one sick puppy! If the boat did 160mph w/ 2x 1000. and you are adding an additional 750 total hp (dialed down motors) what # can you expect. Lets ask SteveDavid. He should be able to calculate slip factors and constants to give us a best guestimate

Calling SteveDavid.....

Maxximus
Old 06-02-2002, 06:48 AM
finney

Default cocpit depth

I flew out to LOTO last summer to buy a 30 spectre. When I got there I went for a ride boat rode well at speed and a very high quality construction. But the depth inside the cockpit made me feel unsecure not to mention how my wife would feel. I had to talk my self out of buying it. We drove around and stopped at the elimnator dearler and I was very impressed with the cockpit and quality of the boat. We bought the 33 model and love it.

Old 06-02-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

I have worked on and ridden in quit a few Eliminators, 21' to 30'. Well built boats, fast, stable, and good ride, but they where all on lakes. Good luck
Old 06-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

Default Nice Kitty, Pur Pur..

Have a eliminator, Used to have a 26 Howard Blown cat and have been on a Spectre, They are ALL good boats. Guess that it is all up to what you think and your Likes!!! Also where you do your boating enters into it at times..
eliminator219
Old 06-02-2002, 08:11 PM
Registered

Well i would love to have a cat, i own a V hull, but went for a demo on a 28eliminator with twin 496 engines{8.1} it was a 2001 model all stock, it had a excellent ride, in smooth and rough water, no porpoise to it at any speed, I have also been in a 30 spectre it had twin outboards so that might be the difference.
anyway, the spectre porpoised at two different speeds, and it just did not feel as tight as the Eliminator, also something to add to this is the rigging of the two boats, that might explain the problem with the spectre,
Old 06-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

Definitely go by the Spectre factory in Clearwater. Get a first hand look at the qaulity and workmanship. You can't go wrong with Spectre. I no someone who is a member of this baord who has had very bad experiences with Eliminator and the factory just jerked him around. I will not even consider an Eliminator.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

I had a 26' American offshore with 750 HP and it did 100 MPH.

I now have a 30' Spectre with 500 HP EFI's, it run 100 on 87 octane. There is no comparison betwen the size of the boats for one. I don't use a cabin, so having the space under the bow was not an issue. There is alot of built in nooks and storage on the Spectre for your normal stuff.

I am really happy. Look at the construction as well as the glitter and I think you will choose the Spectre.

Quick Reply: Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.