need help with load exhaust >

need help with load exhaust

Notices

need help with load exhaust

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts
Default need help with load exhaust

I got a ticket tonight for load exhaust. 101 db and I need to get to 90. It's a fix it ticket so I just need something temporary to pass the test. I ventured out from where I usually boat and got stopped so if stay out of that area after I pass the test I should be fine. I remember seeing some clear flexible tubing on a skater a long time ago that went under water during idle but I have no clue where to get something like that. I have 4 1/2 inch tips and would like something to just clamp on. Open to any idea's . Thanks for any help. Jason
Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen PVC pipes clamped to the tips and turned down to pass the test before... Home depot should have you covered.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep get you some schedual 40 PVC and make down turn that go under the water. Seen it done a couple of times.

Personally I just quit going to Grand Haven.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

I went down to G.H. today and didn't have any problems. I got a set of slip in silencers that I put in before heading down there, they work great. I don't know if that would be an option on your setup though?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

I got the ticket down in Holland. I usually go out of grand haven and don't have any problems. That was the first and last time for me going to Holland. I've been through grand haven 6 or 7 times this year with no problems and cops even waving at me so I think they relaxed on the noise. I've never had a problem in muskegon either. So I just need to pass the test and stay away from Holland hopefully.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Drew Marine Shotgun Silencers. Do a great job, will not break the bank, and will not rob performance. Ran them on some blower engines and saw a 10+ DB drop at idle and no loss in performance. Believe they are still under 500 per set.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

What the heck is "load" exhaust?
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

I've never seen any noise law enforcement on the sunrise side. You could get some Gibson clamp-ons for when you need them.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
I got the ticket down in Holland. I usually go out of grand haven and don't have any problems. That was the first and last time for me going to Holland. I've been through grand haven 6 or 7 times this year with no problems and cops even waving at me so I think they relaxed on the noise. I've never had a problem in muskegon either. So I just need to pass the test and stay away from Holland hopefully.
I've been down to G.H. twice this season, the first time I didn't have the slip-ins installed. They didn't give my boat or several others that were a lot louder than mine a second look. I've never had a problem so far, if I venture somewhere new I like to put them in to avoid getting hassled. I never have any problems here in Muskegon. Good luck.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
I got a ticket tonight for load exhaust. 101 db and I need to get to 90. It's a fix it ticket so I just need something temporary to pass the test. I ventured out from where I usually boat and got stopped so if stay out of that area after I pass the test I should be fine. I remember seeing some clear flexible tubing on a skater a long time ago that went under water during idle but I have no clue where to get something like that. I have 4 1/2 inch tips and would like something to just clamp on. Open to any idea's . Thanks for any help. Jason
Do you live in town? Drew marines will knock the noise down but you will not get to 90 with them. I work on boats locally and make tips that will work for you. You have to manually open and close them but it takes less than 1 minute to open or close all 4. You are welcome to check mine out anytime! I live in Spring Lake.

My boat (black/white checkered Advantage) is 110+. With the exhaust closed, it is 84. Less noise than several cruisers...

Clean Cig by the way! Saw you guys coming back a few weeks ago. GH has been very relaxed with the noise lately...

Razor, we were down in your neck of the woods today. (Dockers)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.