Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area? >

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Notices

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-NOTE
Look for a 24' cheetah with purple flames/bones, and a baja with blue/red.
I will keep my eye out. I am in an older 20 outlaw and my buddy has a 24 Superboat. We usually park right in the middle of the island...ther is a large tree turned up and you can see the large stump. Do you have boat names?
Old 07-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=On Time;3443125]
Originally Posted by merctwofive
I don't take the powerboats there and I know the Lake well. South of the 190 bridge is large and more wide open but deceiving because it looks like there would be nothing out there. Wrong. //QUOTE]

So tell me is that why you don't see big powerboats there? It sure looks like a huge body of water. I would love to blast around in the Fountain in Livingston but have never taken it there. Is the issue hitting stumps or hitting bottom out of nowhere?
It is a huge lake but I think being further away from Houston makes it a long haul, and there really aren't any attractions. I've fished bass tournaments for 15 yrs. on that lake and I see new tree tops or something every time. Even out in the main South body of water. I don't take my powerboats there for that and I guess because no one else I know goes out there. It's not terrible, I just like to go other places.