Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area? >

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Notices

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Looking to see if there are any fellow boaters in the Livingston, TX area that go to Pine Island...?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

I boat at Canyon Lake, TX. Little but nice and clean.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jctexas07
Looking to see if there are any fellow boaters in the Livingston, TX area that go to Pine Island...?
We have a waterfront house on Lake Conroe. We would love to go to Livingston more often since it is such a much bigger lake. But I have heard horror stories of absolutely unpredictable shallow areas out of no where and lots of stumps. Are there any good maps? How well do you know the lake?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a place in Onalaska....Only have a bass boat we use to go fishing. Wellcraft Nova up there in the mid 90's was the only pleasure boat we ever had around.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
We have a waterfront house on Lake Conroe. We would love to go to Livingston more often since it is such a much bigger lake. But I have heard horror stories of absolutely unpredictable shallow areas out of no where and lots of stumps. Are there any good maps? How well do you know the lake?
I have an evo 4g and downloaded navionics for 15 bucks, which covers all the southern area lakes, giving you contour lines. We have been boating here for about 4 years every weekend in the summer. Stumps are bad in the middle of the lake and in other parts if not familiar. However, they are pretty abundant in the northern part of the lake.

The one thing that gets us is the fact it turns into an ocean out there when the wind picks up.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

How is the fishing in Onalaska? We are actually on the Point Blank side of the lake.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

We will be at the State Park all of next week witch is not far from pine island. It's a great place to hang out and swim. My Aunt live in the point blank area and I made the trip across the lake ONCE. to many stumps and I'm not familiar with that side of the lake. On the Dam end and around Pine Island is great but it can turn bad if the wind picks up.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jctexas07
I have an evo 4g and downloaded navionics for 15 bucks, which covers all the southern area lakes, giving you contour lines. We have been boating here for about 4 years every weekend in the summer. Stumps are bad in the middle of the lake and in other parts if not familiar. However, they are pretty abundant in the northern part of the lake.

The one thing that gets us is the fact it turns into an ocean out there when the wind picks up.
I have heard people say "its like two different lakes" the north and south. How are they different?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Well, when the wind is blowing out of the south, you can put in at the newer marina in Onalaska. Just over the 190 big bridge, there is about a mile long causeway so to speak, which becomes smooth as glass when theake is rolling from the south--just limited to a small part of the lake. As you get by Kickapoo Creek, it seems to stay pretty smooth there as well, however, I have seen quite a few stumps and is shallow in various parts. I am not sure about the northern part of the lake by Trinity.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

Glad to see some locals here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.