Like Tree0Likes

700SCI Whipple Upgrade Kits

Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

My Boats: 09' Nordic Hurricane
Default 700SCI Whipple Upgrade Kits

Just curious if anyone has any reliability comments on the upgrade kits. I want to increase the performance slightly without compromising reliability to much. I was thinking of doing stage 1 with the new air cleaners also. I figured that wouldnt be to crazy & would clean up some of the richness. I am just concerned about reliability with raising the boost with the stage 2. Any comments or experiences would be helpful.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBergstrom777 View Post
Just curious if anyone has any reliability comments on the upgrade kits. I want to increase the performance slightly without compromising reliability to much. I was thinking of doing stage 1 with the new air cleaners also. I figured that wouldnt be to crazy & would clean up some of the richness. I am just concerned about reliability with raising the boost with the stage 2. Any comments or experiences would be helpful.
That is exactly what I did with my 700's and the results were awesome. Much better throttle response and the higher boost really only factors in at close to WOT. IMHO it is a nice middle of the road upgrade without putting significant stress on the engine (Unless you run WOT all the time).
Old 06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered

I have a 600 that Whipple did for me. DO IT.

I was lucky enough for a ride along in twin 700 sci DCB that had been updated by Whipple. WOW!

Logic says that more torque = more potential for wear and drive breakage

Brain says more torque= more fun DO IT! It is soo much better!

Not sorry,

Dan
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette,Sunsation, Skater, Wright Performance

We just completed the Stage 3 kits on a 47 Fountain with trip 700's and 6's, customer is very happy with the increase of speed, throttle response and cleaner transom.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

I have done many upgrades to my 700s,with whipple. They all work great, keep in mind dont raise rev limiters to high still hydrolic roller and trust me dont like to go much over 6000. Do the items he recomends,intercooler nippels are also great hp and helps lower intake temp.