Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do I have "F#@%- Me" written on my forehead???? >

Do I have "F#@%- Me" written on my forehead????

Notices

Do I have "F#@%- Me" written on my forehead????

Old 06-02-2002, 12:34 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Unbeleivable! hope they pull thier heads out of thier butts. 3 words....BBB.........Better Business Bureau. It seems obvious they were floggin' you're boat! Good luck!
Old 06-02-2002, 01:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got about 3 cases of ice colds....sitting here.... your welcome to em.....
Old 06-02-2002, 08:15 AM
DJG
Registered

I never let anyone work on my boat, cars, or just about anything but me. I'll tackle any problems that arise with any of my vehicles. I don't own a new big fast bad ass boat. But my little Baja is my hobby every year the motor comes out and torn down for inspection then put back together for a trouble free boating season. I hate to hear stories like this dam if you do dam if you don't if you rush the guy then he will rush your motors not good. But if you don't rush him summer will be here and gone. A tune up? He broke the motors on a tune up? What kind of tune up? A dewinterizing oil,plugs,wires,etc. Hell you run it on the hose if it's not missing or running like crap thats it. Sounds like you have a really nice boat and they wanted to go for a joy ride. I would love to come down there and look at the motors and the parts he broke and give him hell. Sounds like he has a good line of sh*! to tell people. Man that pisses me off. Now I'm all wound up (dam).

Sorry to hear about your misfortune I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

6 weeks!!!! Thats a bunch of BS. I did it myself in two nights when I took a cam out 2 summers ago. Hell NHRA can do it in ONE HOUR. You are so right about these guys. I say teach them a lesson. If you have to burn a bridge do it. You would never go there again so just screw him so he feels your pain. Then when HE *****es say it takes me 6 weeks to write the check and then the snail mail takes another month!!! Then when he says that is BS say YEH YOU ARE RIGHT HOW DOES IT FEEL JACK ASS. Maybe he will loose his house because he cannot make the payment. You see, in the end you can win!!! Then go after is WIFE
Old 06-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Hey Ken, if its any help I had to have a pair of bolsters rebuilt this winter. I took them in January 3rd the guy told me it would take 3 weeks to do. I just got them back a few weeks ago, and they were not even done right.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ken , I vented my "BUYER BEWARE "soga on here a few weeks ago about my dealings with a big name marine buisness and MAN, did I get slammed for not fessing up to who did it to me !!

You have to share this info pal ! We all need it . So does the party that did it to you ! It gets things out in the open and gets things moving ! In my case some said it was wrong to say who ,but tons of people praised me for it . And I think they are right . I told the truth and the other party didn't . It was bad buisness for sure . The truth came out and was solved with little more dicussion when the party herd he was famous on OSO !

I know of at least one NJ engine guy that was way out of line with one of our members .THats not my deal so I can't say and rile things up again but , I would like to see if it's the same guy ! If so I'll tell ya .
So tell us .................And it is .................
Old 06-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boot,

This is not a "Buyer be ware" story. This is a MAJOR F*#@-Up by a well known builder. My problem is that it happened just before the spring rush and he is more concerned about income than paying for his mistake. He should be 100% focused on rebuilding my motors but he is not. I know that he and his employees are on this board and have read my past posts. If guilt is not a motivator for them, than nothing else I do or say will work to get the job done any quicker. This is 2 yrs. in a row that I have had the unfortunate experience of having "professional" mechanics screw up my boat.

From now on the only person who is going to work on my boat is my truck mechanic. To this date he is the only one who has been able to fix things right the first time and on time, and stays fixed!

This does not say much for the marine industry!!!!! If this pisses any marine "professionals" off, too bad!! Figure it out!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken...sorry to hear 'bout the additional stress...I feel for ya man!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:38 AM
Registered

Ken,
This is your week! Get on the phone and let him know you need that boat finished. NYC Poker Run is two weeks away and you know he is going to be in scramble mode right before that. I dont know of any boats from the shop that broke on the AC run so there could be a little breathing room for them.
I brought mine north last night so it sounds like a Gullies trip is in the cards for the weekend no matter what. Gimme a call and we will go for a scream.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:40 AM
Registered

Ken,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Can you PM me the name of the builder so I know to stay away.

Also, I am in the commercial pool business, tell me what parts you need and I am sure I can get them for you fast. I know it does not help with your boat, but maybe at least you can swim.

Dan

Quick Reply: Do I have "F#@%- Me" written on my forehead????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.