Notices

Lake Lanier, GA June,26th

Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lake Lanier, GA June,26th

Are there going to be any Apache's, skaters, MTI, etc on Lake Lanier on Sunday June 26th? I will be out in the boat with friends and would love to see one running on the lake. Whats the hot spots on the lake to check out?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 318 Posts

head into Sunset cove at Lake Lanier Islands. there is a resturant and docks or you can beach it. weekends there are usually a few hundred boats in and out of there and most of the fast boats on the lake make a pass through.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks to make sure i am at the right place Sunset Cove is different then Cocktail cove right?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 318 Posts

sunset cove is around the corner on the island. it is where the water park is. it used to be a NO boat area but the new owners of the island resort built a resturant and docks and opened it up for boats. on a good weekend there will be a dozen houseboats anchored off and hundreds of boats with all the neccessary scenery. as I said most of the fast boats will cruise in and out. sunset cove is the new hangout as cocktail cove is going to be developed with shops and a boardwalk at some point. If you pick the right time they have a "full moon party" with live band and fireworks. lots of fun.