Notices

272 Sonic Questions

Old 06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 272 Sonic Questions

I am looking at a 91 Sonic 272 SR. Has the 350 265 HP engines with alpha drives.

Does anyone have any info they can share regarding this size Sonic? Size of the cabin, reliability of the engine/drive combo's,
headroom in the cabin, typical resell if in great condition?
Any info would be appreciated.

Sport396
Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sport396
I am looking at a 91 Sonic 272 SR. Has the 350 265 HP engines with alpha drives.

Does anyone have any info they can share regarding this size Sonic? Size of the cabin, reliability of the engine/drive combo's,
headroom in the cabin, typical resell if in great condition?
Any info would be appreciated.

Sport396
Sonic or Formula? Sonic never had a 272 SR.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The sonic 27 with twin small blocks is a great combination the boat was offered in single but is way to heavy for that. Its a nice boat, not alot of 27 it later became the 28 when they included the swim platform in the length. Alphas drives with small blocks is a nice combination. As with most sonics it had a raisied deck so head room is nice resale is resale don't by a boat as an investment.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
The sonic 27 with twin small blocks is a great combination the boat was offered in single but is way to heavy for that. Its a nice boat, not alot of 27 it later became the 28 when they included the swim platform in the length. Alphas drives with small blocks is a nice combination. As with most sonics it had a raisied deck so head room is nice resale is resale don't by a boat as an investment.
Thanks...Very helpful. That is very close to what Sonic told me. Apparently they made only a small number and was to order. No records and limited info from back then and they recommended I post to see if anyone had any additional info.

The boat I am looking at is very very clean. 168 hours on the boat and motors claimed.
I am looking to get a little larger boat. I have a 97 Formula 252 SS with 7.4 MPI and B-3. Small cabin.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
I rode in the first 27/ 28. Same boat. The number just changed. Just as the 30/ 31. I had a 1990 30. It made offshore boating very addictive.

I should have kept the boat and gotten a girlfriend instead of how it all turned out!